• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes from Brawl to Smash 4?

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Have there been any noticeable changes in the way Diddy plays in terms of things like attack power, range, speed?

People who played the demos have been saying Marth feels different this time around in that he's less mobile but more powerful. After today's reveal, many have come to the conclusion that Marth was changed up a bit to make Lucina stand out more.

Perhaps Diddy has received the same treatment as a means of differentiating a potential clone in Dixie?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Diddy wasn't available at all was he? Seems impossible to know until he's in a demo.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Have there been any noticeable changes in the way Diddy plays in terms of things like attack power, range, speed?

People who played the demos have been saying Marth feels different this time around in that he's less mobile but more powerful. After today's reveal, many have come to the conclusion that Marth was changed up a bit to make Lucina stand out more.

Perhaps Diddy has received the same treatment as a means of differentiating a potential clone in Dixie?
I was thinking along these lines.

Diddy received extra long gummy limbs this time around for increased range.

Maybe Dixie has similar animations, but shorter range and more power.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy's reveal already confirmed he'd be more 'flexible' and his range on a lot of moves has got some serious buffs. Other than that, all moves seen thusfar are still the same as before. Which doesn't hurt or help Dixie's chances in any way or form. I think she wouldn't be a full clone, as Lucina and Toon Link for example (Marth and Link still got changes themselves though). But more like how Ness and Lucas where in Brawl. Some think they'd be similar, but despite having similar weights, heights and speeds they play very differently.

I think Diddy should stay more ground based and a juggler who relies most on his speed and dash attacks and Dixie should be more about carefully approaching her foes from the air, much like how they played in Donkey Kong Country 2. Greatest ****ing game ever made.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I think the only major hit to Diddy at this point would be the removal of glide tossing from the game. Of course, you'd still be able to tech-chase after throwing a banana, though the set-ups we had with GT'ing in Brawl won't be guaranteed anymore.

Top Bottom