• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

computer isnt recognizing keyboards

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I have to make this short since I'm typing from a phone. My keyboard suddenly stopped responding about 20 minutes ago. I assumed it was the battery since I have a wireless keyboard/mouse combo, so I replaced the batteries. Didn't work. Tried various other things, didn't work. Assumed my computer may have just locked up and restarted. Got to my log on screen, still couldn't type. Plugged in an old ps2 keyboard, still doesn't work. My computer refuses to let me type. Help.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Did you restart after plugging in the PS/2 keyboard? iirc some computers need you to do that because the PS/2 ports are only checked during BIOS startup.

If you have a wired USB keyboard handy, try that as well.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I take it your keyboard was also unable to accept input during BIOS (like F8 for setup or whatever)?
If you're running on Windows 7, there should be an "Ease of Access" button in the corner of the screen with a bunch of accessibility options, one of them being an on-screen keyboard.

Top Bottom