• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Computer wont turn on.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Title.

It just won't turn on now. The computer's abuot 7 years old, it's a Windows XP, and I'm not willing to lose everything on it. Too much music for me to lose.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm..what kind of computer is it?

What symptoms did it seem to show? Anything weird happened the last tine you turned it off?

:phone:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't remove the harddrive until you figure out what's wrong with the computer though... might make it worse.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
does it beep when you press the power button?

Also, is the PSU turned on or off? (That fan looking thing with a switch on the back of the computer)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Oh sorry, I forgot about this thread. Lol.

Anyways, it runs, say the computer shut down unexpectedly and asks me if I wanna run safe mode and all that.

Then I choose all the options possible, it says loading windows and right before it get to the Login screen, it freezes.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Do you still have your Windows CD? Try booting from that and see if you can access Repair Console from there.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You know if the worst happens you can still recover data from a hard drive.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Nah, I dont have it.

And when I say it freezes, it just leaves a black screen. No cursor, none of that.

Willison

Smash Rookie
You won't believe but once I had just to clean it inside to make it work. Before it just shut down and wouldn't turn on at all. After cleaning it from the inside dust everything is ok till now.

Top Bottom