• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Layout

Temkin

BUSTER
What have people found to be the most useful layout for playing ZSS for a gamecube controller? Tap Jump off? C stick as attack? Really curious about this if someone could give me some insight on what they find that works the best. Thanks!

AstroCRiS

Smash Cadet
I use L-trigger as jump, and tap jump off. thats about it, our tilts aren't good enough to put C-stick as attack imo.

Temkin

BUSTER
I feel like it is better to use cstick as attack for air attacks so you don't get stuck in a direction with it being set to smash. Or do you mostly use A?

AstroCRiS

Smash Cadet
depends really. I switch off for everything except up-airs because I use the left trigger to jump, analog to di, and c-stick to up-air. Rar Bairs I use A, Fairs I use A, but sometimes I don't even notice and just use what comes naturally. I mean Nairo now plays with standard controls and he does just fine with his areal movement.

Top Bottom