• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy/impractical idea that might help chain grabbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I've been thinking lately, that since listening to music helps me play Brawl quicker, I could find a way to make it more helpful (to me at least).

If I could find a song that had a steady beat that was at the same speed that is needed for Ice Climbers' chain grabs, then you could have a 100% guarentee that you won't mess up your chain grab if you're listening to it.

If nothing else, it might be able to help people that are just starting to learn chain grabs?

And it would be cool to be able to listen to one of your favorite songs, and play better just because of it.

Crazy idea, I know, but it just seems like it'd be too smexy if it works.

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
Aren't there different times that you need to grab depending on which character you're chaining and what percent they're at? But lol that sounds like a cool idea otherwise.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Lol not a bad idea actually, I realized that listening to music ontop of other things helps my brawling skills overall. It's not that farfetched actually.

Fino

Smash Master
I tried to do this... but I couldn't ever finish it. And then I get locked into HAVING to do it to the beat.... meaning, if you grab on an off beat, you're giving them time to break out ;-;
Good idea though... if you ever get a playlist, I'll be sure to download it ;D

~Fino

KRDsonic

Smash Master
And then I get locked into HAVING to do it to the beat.... meaning, if you grab on an off beat, you're giving them time to break out ;-;
That's something I thought about too. I figure just do the normal Dthrow Fair twice, then you can wait to throw until it's on the beat, which shouldn't give them enough time to break out.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
The timing speeds up as the % increases ><
It seems helpful, but really it'd just be incredibly inconvenient.
I use the sounds they make, the throw animation, and rumble to time my cgs :p
Which is why when rumble doesn't work I play considerably worse.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
I actually learned my CG's by just learning the timing without any help of sound or whatever thats why i can Bthrow Fthrow with my eyes closed lmao

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Ha, this is a pretty awesome idea. I actually had considered it a few times in the past but was never bothered to make up anything (was more of a "that could work but I don't really need it/care" thing).

I actually do a similar thing in my head, just beat a rhythm in my mind with different sound depending on which climber is doing what... my mind goes pretty blank when I CG lol.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I don't think it would help me because I rely on the sounds the Ice Climbers make after each of their throws to time my regrabs.

I suppose it would definitely help some people that listen to music during matches anyway.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I forgot that people can use the sounds that the Ice Climbers make. At tournys, most of the time you can barely hear the TV you're playing on, so I just learn the timings by muscle memory ^^

Then again, my volume button is messed up on my team so I don't have sound when I play at home either, so I guess that's when this idea would come in handy.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
lol yeah i thought about this for a while too... idk if it works but if anyone finds out and happens to have a playlist of songs for all the characters... let me know cuz i wanna try it out... lol

Prawn

Smash Master
I just started CGing and basically what helps me a lot is the "groove". I'd say its comparable to grinding in tony hawk, I really can feel what I'm supposed to be doing, it's like zen haha.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I hate music and rely on visual cues, so this wouldn't help me at all.

Still, I could see this really helping out a few people.

Prawn

Smash Master
visual cues and getting high are the way to go.
This is so correct,

if you come to gameunicon this august in marlborough, you are more than welcome to get free housing with me and a friend of mine.

I already mentioned it to lain, we'll match you guys as well. Smoke all night, play all day. :laugh:

lain

Smash Master
marlborough where again? i know you said it somewhere before

LOL meep do you seriously play high now? XDDD

Prawn

Smash Master
massachusetts hahahaha.

It's where GameUnicon is being held, its supposed to be ****ing HUGE

C~Dog

Smash Champion
lmaoo yeaa i smoke all the time b4 BIG matches. Brawl gets 20 times slower. I feel like neo from the matrix bein able to see **** ahead of time.
Remember kids: Drugs make you awesome at video games! Also you'll be really, really cool! =D

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
did you know that us marines get high on missions to slow down their heart rate so they can stay out longer and keep their scope steadier

if it works for the marines it can work for mountain climbinig *******

nasir123

Smash Ace
well this is an apsalutely fail idea because there are different timings for every single char. unless u picked like more than 30 songs :O
but when ever i go to a tourny i always no matter what bring my mp3 ad listen to ICE ICE BBABIE

swordgard

Smash Hero
visual cues and getting high are the way to go.
I learned to cg eyes closed :)

Thats the only way to go online if you dont wanna be affected by delay XD

But seriously, you guys shouldnt rely on musics and stuff, if the music isnt as fast as it could be you may end up cging slowly. Which is bad :S

EDIT: I dont remember neo being able to see ahead of time. Lol more power to him XD And lol, smoking is bad, mkay (south park reference XD )

Almo

Smash Ace
i did this in melee with wobbles since hitting A goes to the beat of the REM song end of the world (as we know it) after you desynch the climbers. i never actually played with it with the song in my head but just noticed it one day.

interesting thread.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
My friend actually used a drum machine and made a steady tempo for every single character.

Accented beat = Throw
Beat = Pause so Nana won't mess up

I think he had it in 8ths or 16ths.... and he had 38 tracks.

EDIT:
Oh****, this was necrod. T_T my baad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom