• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique yet another yoshi... please T_T?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Yoshi >>>> Mewtwo, I need some real characters to work with here.

Your technical and spacing is top notch however, but that m2 would have done dozens of times better just hanging out in his shield.

Match 3 was sexy though :). Good move choice and great DJCs, good follow ups and pressure. A few moves I'd like to see more of are your F-smash and U-smash (both pretty unnecessary vs. M2 there), and maybe a little more patience, but it was MewTwo.

D1

Banned via Administration
Originally supposed to be posted in Youtube but yeah Youtube's gay w/ their char limit >_>

D1- Concerning FD 1

Pretty **** fast Yoshi playing there I like the aggressiveness...only thing gotta be smart and patient @ times (like when u were gonna edgeguard his 2nd stock you just got off), um when he's down on the ground and doing the while rising attack instead of full jumping and comin down w/ an uair...start up an fair from midair so as u land he's immediately sent straight up for an easy uair/nair follow up.

Um...I liked how you got DJC nair to dtilt not too many Yoshi's pull that one off, and at his last stock when u did a ledgehopped dair on him as he landed I was smiling from ear to ear...but then u didn't follow up...DSMASH!!! DAIR'S TOO GOOD!

K...I'll probably just copy+paste this too smashboards cuz I'm too lazy ^_^.

<3 the Yosh tho, I <3'ed the spaced dtilt spam on Mew2's shield on his 2nd stock as well.

Oh yeah and IMO if you already got someone blocking ur aerials like hell start DJC Nair pressuring them like DJC Nair jab->rinse repeat sometimes mix in some crouch canceled jabs as in jab (crouch and cancel the ending animation of ur jab and jab again at the soonest frame-for a good example of this watch 4word vids of his Falco and Phanna's Samus does this as well good for shield pressuring as jabs are usually 3 frames while I'm guessing on average grabs come out at....6/7 frames? I'm probably off but the point is w/ jabs hitting someone's shield repeatedly and DJC Nairs (L canceled perfectly of course) its gonna be hard for 'em to grab ya which will force 'em to roll which means they're playing your game now ^_^.

YOU'RE IN CONTROL!

Ok enuff talk I'll probably lose my "original style to you guys ^_^"

FD 3 Ouch DJC pwnage

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Ooooh, nice and fast. I like it. ^_^

One thing I will say (to piggyback off of D1's great summary) is YES to not doing a DJC up air on opponents who are doing a rising attack. For floaties at low percents, do a forward air. For floaties at mid percents, you can do a slow falling down aerial to rack up the damage needed for a KO move/edgeguard. For floaties at high percents, forward air again is good, since it will probably KO off the top and nobody ever seems to DI this move (though it doesn't help too terribly much). On different character types, you can try different things, like for heavies (Link/DK/Falcon) if you see their getup attack starting up and you're on a favorable side, you can stand close, wavedash out of their attack range, and then wavedash back in with a downsmash for a pretty clutch hit. All these depend on speed and foresight and the usual Yoshi stuff, so be careful, but be creative, too. Trust me, once the enemy gets the hang of your DJC, it's not fun times, so try not to do that same DJC up aerial so much.

Speaking of DJC, I like your use of it offensively aside from the getup attack counter. One thing I would like to see is if you could use its defensive properties to go through attacks. Mewtwo can be especially annoying with his neutral air (even though you don't have the best options with a DJC, it's better than being dragged along into whatever he has in store for you later). DJC through his forward tilt and forward air for a free neutral air kicks or maybe even a down aerial if he's close enough.

And yeah, more eggs, if you can. You seem like a melee Yoshi, though, so if it's not part of your style, it's okay, but once you start fighting actual characters (like the ones you plan on countering...Marth/Peach/etc.), you'll find eggs are pretty invaluable.

Yeah, that's it for me.

Top Bottom