• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dacus

やみKirby

Smash Apprentice
So, ive been playing P:M for awhile, and i picked ike as my main. Since i play with a nunchuck (i dont want to buy a gamecube controller, not yet anyway), and ive been wondering how to do dacus w/ a nunchuck.

NQuad1Zero

Smash Cadet
I wouldnt really recommend learning DACUS on a nunchunck, especially with Ike, seeing you can just jump cancel your Quickdraw into an Upsmash (Just input forward B and then Up A immediately, you can hold the A to charge as well, but you need tap jump on for this to work). The Quickdraw upsmash also travels alot further, and can be even further if charged, and also is a viable kill mixup instead of Quickdraw jumpcancel aerial/Quickdraw attack.

Frakture

Smash Apprentice
DACUS is much quicker than QD canceled upsmash at close range, so it does have its place. In order to DACUS with a nunchuck, set the D-pad to attack or smash, use it to dash attack, then press up then a. I don't use a nunchuck so I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this works.

やみKirby

Smash Apprentice
thx guys, i got dacus to work, i just have to perfect it. Also, people say that two is the max wall jumps before landing on ground again, but i can only pull off one. help?

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
I read somewhere that there is a certain kind of DACUS that allows you to slide a lot farther than normal. What is this called and how do you do it?

WhinoTheRhino

Smash Apprentice
That would be BDACUS, but that's a Brawl tech only. Unless you're talking about QD JC Usmash, where you simply jumpcancel QD and input an Usmash during the jumpsquat frames.

WhinoTheRhino

Smash Apprentice
I might be wrong, but I think Ike doesn't have a DACUS in Brawl, and thus doesn't have a BDACUS. And I don't actually know how to do a BDACUS in Brawl lol.

Frakture

Smash Apprentice
Everyone has a DACUS in Brawl, but Ike's didn't slide at all. A BDACUS is a buffered DACUS that must be done in the endlag of an action. You tap forward on the control stick, return it to neutral, and then up twice on the c stick to do it. If done correctly, the character will immediately do a DACUS without dashing or dash attacking first, and the DACUS will be extra long. This can only be done in Brawl because Brawl has 10 frames of buffer.

Top Bottom