• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair can sweetspot grounded opponents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I already added this to the list of buffs in my "Compendium of Zelda buffs/nerfs/changes" thread, but I think this is something I should call specific attention to, as I don't recall seeing anyone talk about it before.

If you watch VGBootcamp's Zelda moveset video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2p-EyKKiAo) at around 2:16, you can see him shorthop dair the grounded sandbag for the whopping 16% damage. He pulls this off 3-4 times, and it seems like it just slightly "hops" Sandbag into the air, possibly giving it more combo potential? Zelda cannot sweetspot grounded enemies with dair in Brawl, so this could be a pretty big change. I really hope this is something that actually stays in the final product!

Here's a printscreen of him connecting with the "16" damage counter next to Sandbag - http://prntscr.com/4dqhwc

This could open some cool doors for Zelda, I think!

PrimalCarnage

Smash Cadet
I thought Brawl Zelda could do this too... but my memory's very foggy and its been awhile since I've played it.

Anyway, I think dair is still very risky even with this. The hitbox is still tiny and you have to be inside the character to sweetspot. I'd rather do nair 90% of the time, esp with the added hitsun. It does seem to have good combo potential tho, on the off-chance you manage to land it.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I thought Brawl Zelda could do this too... but my memory's very foggy and its been awhile since I've played it.

Anyway, I think dair is still very risky even with this. The hitbox is still tiny and you have to be inside the character to sweetspot. I'd rather do nair 90% of the time, esp with the added hitsun. It does seem to have good combo potential tho, on the off-chance you manage to land it.
Nope, Brawl Zelda can only hit the Dair sweetspot on opponents in the air. Apparently, they've also increased the horizontal range of the sweetspot this game though.

I'll take any extra option I can get at this point, to be totally honest ;)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I thought it was common knowledge by now. And if you added it somewhere else already, there is no need for this thread.

Let's keep the discussion there ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom