• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Pit/Pit 1.1.4 Patch Notes

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
This is the official Pit/Dark Pit 1.1.4 patch thread. Discuss all suspected and confirmed changes here. If the information is true, please post it on here. Don't say "I think Dark Pit/Pit's _____ has a buff/nerf" Otherwise, that can lead to some infraction points.

Thank you

verbatim

Smash Ace
Preliminary difs between 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 confirms that there is SOME change to Dark Pit. That being said this doesn't account for mobility and landing lag changes so those are still 100% unknown.

It's also worth noting that the change can be literally anything, in a previous patch ZSS had a change that ultimately ended up being modifications to her entering animation when she gets off of her gunship before the fight starts. AKA it might be nothing that actually affects how the character plays, so don't use this as a justification for something you can't prove empirically.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Normally I'd say this really isn't necessary but I'm actually having some trouble...

First thing I did was Electroshock and that was the same so I thought nothing was changed. Once I heard I tried DP's RJF with a friend and couldn't SDI in to avoid it, where it would before. Can't try now because he left a while ago of course but @Lavani pointed out that Dark Pit's doesn't reach as far forwards either. (And I previously got a result like that but brushed it off as an error, whoops.) So I've been messing around with my wavebirds like I would before in hopes of seeing something different come up... And no such luck. 100% sure Fair's the same. (Dark Pit's "lasts longer," remember?) Pretty sure Ftilt's the same, harder to reset the test repeatedly for it. Activation area's the same on the Arms, still B-reversable. Most other normals I tested too, but didn't put a lot of effort into... Frame data and damage is the same across the board.

So before I get some sleep I'm going to post some ideas since I keep thinking about this dumb thing when I should be SLEEPING

Didn't try customs, don't think anybody cares... Gotta check and see if Dark Pit can hold his custom arrows longer.
Active frames/hitlag modifiers on Electroshock since it's electrical. Preeetty hard to test.
Another minor arrow thing.
Really really should look hard at Ftilt for something.
And naturally need to double check RJF.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Preliminary difs between 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 confirms that there is SOME change to Dark Pit. That being said this doesn't account for mobility and landing lag changes so those are still 100% unknown.

It's also worth noting that the change can be literally anything, in a previous patch ZSS had a change that ultimately ended up being modifications to her entering animation when she gets off of her gunship before the fight starts. AKA it might be nothing that actually affects how the character plays, so don't use this as a justification for something you can't prove empirically.
Looking through the link, I only see Pit's name, and that some effect was changed(nothing about Dark Pit whatsoever)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
According to Shaya the change "may include partial invincibility or super armor, start up frames and hitbox durations, damage, hitbox sizes, knock back or otherwise." So literally anything on an attack.

Ruling out Super Armor on my 3DS real quick.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Maybe some frames of invulnerability on Up B was changed?

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
All attacks seem to have same knockback, damage, lag and kill %s are most likely the same.

Side b super armour buff would be really useful though.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Oh its Dark Pit only....It's probably just the rapid jab finisher.

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
Oh its Dark Pit only....It's probably just the rapid jab finisher.
Oh, hopefully not. Pit's rapid jab finisher change was the most useless buff ever. Sometimes I just don't understand the way how Sakurai thinks. Why not just buff the damn ftilt,..

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Oh, hopefully not. Pit's rapid jab finisher change was the most useless buff ever. Sometimes I just don't understand the way how Sakurai thinks. Why not just buff the damn ftilt,..
ikr how do they even come up with what buffs or nerfs to give, most of the time seems completely irrelavant to the meta.

Anyways i did some messing around with the electroshock and it still has a hitbox that hits from behind and the aerial version doesnt seem stronger and since Lancer said there's no super armour I don't think they changed the arm.

useredsa

Smash Cadet
ikr how do they even come up with what buffs or nerfs to give, most of the time seems completely irrelavant to the meta.

Anyways i did some messing around with the electroshock and it still has a hitbox that hits from behind and the aerial version doesnt seem stronger and since Lancer said there's no super armour I don't think they changed the arm.
Try auntocancel frames, I get it easier to autocancel now.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Remember that the game also has to appeal to little 5 year old free for alls lol

Inb4 the buff is something irrelevant like his final smash (although it is cool)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Inb4 the buff is something irrelevant like his final smash (although it is cool)
Funnily his Final Smash got buffed a patch or two ago, along with Sheik and Zelda since they're all the same move.

...Crap. Don't have data on that and both Zelda and Sheik got changes. Might be it, actually. Edit: Nope.

Last edited:
Top Bottom