• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash attack cancel

RedRedCami

Smash Rookie
Hi idk if someone already know this, but, you can cancel dash attack in to a grab.. i try it just with fox, at 0 percent xD and it works .... *im mexican so ...*

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Hi idk if someone already know this, but, you can cancel dash attack in to a grab.. i try it just with fox, at 0 percent xD and it works .... *im mexican so ...*

I know about this, I just never use it because dash attack is a bad move as it has basically no range, u can grab out of side B as well so I usually use that because it's safer/better to grab out of that rather than dash attack

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
How is this cancel done? I did dash attack grab on accident twice, I feel it can be used to scoop the opponent and lengthen a combo.

I'd like to know how both are done, please enlighten me.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
I believe this is known as a boost grab, which existed in Melee as well: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Boost_Grab. I haven't heard people talk about this much in PM, but I think it works pretty much the same as it did in Melee except that for certain characters the dash attack hitbox will come out before the grab one. For example, with G&W you can dash attack someone and then grab them in the opposite direction before they recover from the hit stun. I dunno how useful this is in practice, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have another advanced technique up your sleeve as long as you can do it consistently.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Just FYI but you can Double Gattling combo Fox/Falco from 0%~6%, maybe up to 7% or 8%. Basically for the uninitiated, Gattling combos is Dash Attack Cancel into UpSmash with one hit leading to the next. Falco actually has a really good one.

Still, if you wanna style on a Fox/Falco at the start of the match/stock... well, practice this. It may be a 1 frame window but if you connect with the dash attack things tend to freeze on that frame for a moment so you can input it there. Not particularly easier, just something to note. Pretty sure Falco can SDI the second USmash, though.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
hey, how do you DAC grab and grab out of spin dash?
You pretty much dash attack and grab.

Here's how I do it; dash, hold A and immideiatly press and hold either R or L.

Note you have to hold A and L or R for it to work. You have to do this all before the dash animation starts, it's a pretty small window

Top Bottom