• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dat Drop Kick!

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Looks suspiciously like a dash attack, as he performs it OoS and there's no small sparkle somewhere like the smash attacks in Brawl.

Then again this is Smash 4 and it seems like they've nixed the sparkle entirely...
It really doesn't look anything like an F-Smash, because he'd be standing mostly in place for an F-Smash (with Wolf being the exception)

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I think they're keeping Bowser's Headbutt from Brawl as his Fsmash, because honestly it's the only viable Fsmash animation I can think of off the top of my head.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
It isn't, skip to 1:40 on this video.

Alright, so it's neither dash attack nor Fsmash nor Ftilt. Not Dtilt, probably not Utilt, couldn't possibly be jab...

Maybe it's an entirely new move? Like, some direct-from-shield attack? Imagine shield-grabs, but instead it's shield-attacks.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Alright, so it's neither dash attack nor Fsmash nor Ftilt. Not Dtilt, probably not Utilt, couldn't possibly be jab...

Maybe it's an entirely new move? Like, some direct-from-shield attack? Imagine shield-grabs, but instead it's shield-attacks.
How did you come to the conclusion that it isn't his F-Smash?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
How did you come to the conclusion that it isn't his F-Smash?

By making the assumption that they'd keep his Headbutt Fsmash from Brawl. Now that may be wrong, who knows, but from the looks of that trailer, I assumed it is.

Now it could be his Fsmash, it has that colorful little line coming from him as he attacks (like if you watch Mario's Fsmash from the trailer, it has a colorful line too). To be honest I haven't really sat down and looked at it until now.

Huh.

Maybe it is his Fsmash...

Edit:

don't think now is a good time for me to think about running for Smash 4 Bowser forum moderator

DaveyBird

Smash Cadet
I'm really digging the new Smash Bowser. Looks cuter! I hope they put his regular (human) voice in Smash 4 instead of the beastly voice he's been using exclusively for the SSB games.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Not sure if this was settled or not. It's a forward Smash for sure. I'm not sure if it's the developer direct but if you watch the end at 1/4 speed you can clearly see Bowser Charging the Smash attack before it's released on Wii Fit Trainer.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6UYkv3Sc_k 6:54 youtube/html5

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, that's Bowser's new Forward Smash. ^^ I will miss his Headbutt, but this one is cool as well.

Side Smash: Drop Kick.
Dash Attack: Swift Kick.
Neutral Air: Spins around, looks like he attack with all his limbs.

His Jab and Down Tilt stays the same, with the change that he strikes with fists, instead of claws. ^^

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't know why, but I think Sakurai will change Bowser's Down Smash.
Maybe because his Down Smash, Up Special and Neutral Air look like the same, and the Neutral Air was changed.

...Except if the new attack is his Up Air instead of his Neutral Air XD

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't Believe we've seen either of his remaining Smashes, so that's quite possible. ^^ I'd prefer his Up Smash to stay, though. It fits him.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I don't Believe we've seen either of his remaining Smashes, so that's quite possible. ^^ I'd prefer his Up Smash to stay, though. It fits him.
We've gotten one pic of the day with Bowser's up Smash. The "Sonic failure" post. Same as usual.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
We've gotten one pic of the day with Bowser's up Smash. The "Sonic failure" post. Same as usual.
It's not confirmed that actually is his Up Smash, though. ^^ Judging by Bowser himself there, and the effects that comes from Sonic's hit, it seems more like Bowser is merely crawling, and Sonic's attack is stopped by Bowser's spiky Shell.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
It's not confirmed that actually is his Up Smash, though. ^^ Judging by Bowser himself there, and the effects that comes from Sonic's hit, it seems more like Bowser is merely crawling, and Sonic's attack is stopped by Bowser's spiky Shell.
I feel like we narrowed it down a long time ago to Bowser's up Smash judging by the way Bowser has his head turned up slightly. I remember someone giving comparison picks with Brawl.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I feel like we narrowed it down a long time ago to Bowser's up Smash judging by the way Bowser has his head turned up slightly. I remember someone giving comparison picks with Brawl.
Hmm. But if it was, wouldn't there be some sort of effect or so coming from Bowser, as Always when Smashes are chaged? Or even used? :/

But IF it's his Up Smash, aww, I wanted his Shell to be protective. Really, Bowser and Squirtle would take less damage when hit from behind. XD

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm thinking his dash or forward smash. And I love his new posture as well, can't wait to play as him.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm thinking his dash or forward smash. And I love his new posture as well, can't wait to play as him.
I'm cautiously optimistic.

Bowser has been crapped on the last two games so it'd be nice if he was redeemed this game, but I'm still not holding my breath for it.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Its definitely his F-smash. You can see him charge it up in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6UYkv3Sc_k at 6:54. It was in a post some ways up.
Oh wow that went by fast, I would have never caught that, thanks!

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Bowser has been crapped on the last two games so it'd be nice if he was redeemed this game, but I'm still not holding my breath for it.
:/ I really think this time will be a lot better for him, but I can see why you're cautiously optimistic.

Top Bottom