• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dealing with Snake

PsychoNess

Smash Cadet
Wow. I just fought this snake. He lived up to 173 percent with his gay DI. What the..... I Cpd Brinstar. That stage has low Cealing and he still wouldnt get out. He Banned luigis mansion so I couldnt trap him in pk fires. Is there any good stage snake should truley fail at against Ness?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Throw everything. Throw snake forward. Throw pk fire. Throw pk thunder. Throw pk flash. Throw psi magnet. Throw grenades. Throw yourself.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Throw everything. Throw snake forward. Throw pk fire. Throw pk thunder. Throw pk flash. Throw psi magnet. Throw grenades. Throw yourself.
LOL. true actually. beat him in grab game x].

for counter picking though, brinstar was a bad idea, don't fight snakes at places with low ceilings. thats why he banned luigi, it has a very high ceiling. go to jungle japes if you know how to play there,thats a good place against snake. just grab release him into the water xD. also, DONT use your backthrow until he gets to 140%+. that is the guaranteed death range(on neutral levels, in the middle). good luck :3

Uffe

Smash Hero
I actually used Brinstar against Snake more than once. This one guy could have three stocked me on that stage, but I got him down to one stock. I ended up SDing off the left side of the stage. Of course I've had better days on that stage versus Snake and most of the time won there. If you play there, you have to keep an eye out for his explosives, obviously. And then there is the low ceiling with his lame u-tilt.

Of course Brinstar can still be used against Snake. As for banning Luigi's Mansion, if the Snake main does so, go to Jungle Japes. Of course that's pretty dark and so you have to watch out for his explosives there. However, he can't use that Snake dash against you often there AND his grenades aren't as much of a pain in the *** as they are other areas. And as it's already been mentioned, the ceiling is really high.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I actually used Brinstar against Snake more than once. This one guy could have three stocked me on that stage, but I got him down to one stock. I ended up SDing off the left side of the stage. Of course I've had better days on that stage versus Snake and most of the time won there. If you play there, you have to keep an eye out for his explosives, obviously. And then there is the low ceiling with his lame u-tilt.

Of course Brinstar can still be used against Snake. As for banning Luigi's Mansion, if the Snake main does so, go to Jungle Japes. Of course that's pretty dark and so you have to watch out for his explosives there. However, he can't use that Snake dash against you often there AND his grenades aren't as much of a pain in the *** as they are other areas. And as it's already been mentioned, the ceiling is really high.
Just make sure u watch for his ftilts when ur on the side platforms, because it has a lot of horizontal knockback

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Try saving your kill moves, especially the back throw, until you are certain that they can kill.

Top Bottom