• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dedede's Neutral B confirmed!

verditude

Smash Journeyman

Kirby, with a Dedede hat on, sucking in.

Speculation on how this will work?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Watch any dedede boss fight on youtube, King Dedede can inhale and spits kirby out really fast and powerfully as a star

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed this. good job.

dedede's inhale naturally has a larger grasp zone, and spitting out people is alot stronger than kirby, so i'm sure thats how it'll work.
They might make it start out a lil slower than kirby's to be fair, but it will probably send people exploding out like being hit by a capt. knee (would be my speculation).

I thought it funny how they never confirmed dedede's neutral, and yet...anyone whos a kirby fan, should have thought it obvious.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Awww, ya beat me to this thread!! ;)
That was the only Neutral Special that would have made any sense. I'm guessing it will be explosive, larger range, and more powerful. Really cool, I love how Sakurai tries to sneak this stuff by us! None of my friends caught it, but I guess that's because they're not Kirby fanboys like I am. LOL Still really cool, Now we know the King's full moveset!

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
I totally noticed this too!

i think it will be a suck in and shoot out techniquem powerful, maybe can do multiple people at once?

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
I think he'll most likely spit you out at least twice as far as Kirby could or maybe it will work like throw kirby?

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
I think it might work like the throw abillity from theKirby games.

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
I know, but it would make it less like Kirby's. Besides, Sakurai HAS done such things before, like D3's down B, and MK's neutral B.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
thats an idea, in the air takes a small breath to puff up

but I think itll just be auto small intake of air when you hold jump or something

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
Cool, so we know his moveset, he's the first non-E4All new charcter we have a complete moveset then :)

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
theres two attacks. he sucks and blows, or sucks and flies. I'm guessing suck and blow, since a suck and fly would be an up-B
When he flies he does not stop and have the full sucking animation with the stars and sound effect. He just takes a small breath himself, he dosent need to inhale fully.

Which makes me think when jumping when you hold X after his 2nd jump that he will just take a little breath himself, since thats how he does it. You dont need to do the full inhale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCE56JavpXg
:40 he sucks and spits

at 1:25 he just jumps up and takes a small breath himself, and dosent need to do the full sucking sound and animation.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
well he gave us a good amount, but it is still possible, although in the picture it is hard to say whether he is on the edge or not...

garbage

Smash Journeyman
i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed this. good job.

dedede's inhale naturally has a larger grasp zone, and spitting out people is alot stronger than kirby, so i'm sure thats how it'll work.
They might make it start out a lil slower than kirby's to be fair, but it will probably send people exploding out like being hit by a capt. knee (would be my speculation).

I thought it funny how they never confirmed dedede's neutral, and yet...anyone whos a kirby fan, should have thought it obvious.
Wow, what a ***.

MetaKevin

Smash Cadet
I think it could be something else. In Kirby's Adventure for NES, the special moves "Suplex" and "Throw" could be done by sucking up enemies and then performing the attack. Yeah, I think these features could be done just in DDD's throws, but perhaps something like this occurs. The notion that it's just another star shooter just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I think it could be something else. In Kirby's Adventure for NES, the special moves "Suplex" and "Throw" could be done by sucking up enemies and then performing the attack. Yeah, I think these features could be done just in DDD's throws, but perhaps something like this occurs. The notion that it's just another star shooter just doesn't appeal to me at all.
Id like that for his throws (if its fast, yoshis grab sucks because of the lag), to me it sounds like a great edgeguard if its suck and spit like I think its going to be.

D

Deleted member

I think he just sucks in enemies and spits them out to a far distance. Still causing damage.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Waddle dees and waddle doos have always been inhaleable by kirby. itd be cool if King dedede could spit them as star missles. Gordos have never been inhaleable because of what they are and that shouldnt change

Noa.

Smash Master
When he flies he does not stop and have the full sucking animation with the stars and sound effect. He just takes a small breath himself, he dosent need to inhale fully.

Which makes me think when jumping when you hold X after his 2nd jump that he will just take a little breath himself, since thats how he does it. You dont need to do the full inhale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCE56JavpXg
:40 he sucks and spits

at 1:25 he just jumps up and takes a small breath himself, and dosent need to do the full sucking sound and animation.
You watch History Behind Super Smash Bros. too? They are really good videos.

Anyways, Kind Dedede 's neutural can be good. It might be fast and strong.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Multiple jumps are confirmed, for a while now. I wonder if he will blow a puff when he's using multiple jumps, or will he be like Kirby and just inhale?

Top Bottom