• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong - A Smashboards Recount

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=551]Diddy Kong - A Smashboards Recount[/drupal]

~ Diddy through the Ages ~

PAOol Age:
PAOol was active on these boards for a while, bringing us his combo videos and basic tech videos. Many would consider him an early pioneer, showing us how to perform Diddy's advanced Tech's. Unfortunately, he has since dropped off the face of smashboards. Rumours say he has dropped Diddy. His loss : P

N4N3RZ/AlphaZealot Age:
This was a time when Diddy mains across the world had found two players to unite under. AlphaZealot for his MLG articles and awesome combo/tricks videos, and NAN3RZ for a playstyle that best exemplified the ideal Diddy Playstyle at the time. These two players were really the first to demonstrate applications of Diddy's AT's at a high level of play. N4N3RZ in particular (in the beginning) was a great example of how to make the bananas work.

NinjaLink/Dribble Age:
One day, things were going entirely normally. Then this guy named NinjaLink comes on the scene, claiming that he is 'the best Diddy that doesn't main Diddy'.

He introduced us to two things, 1st being the double dribble, wherein you glide toss down bananas so that you constantly swap between them back and forth, a trick that N4N3RZ had already shown us, but more importantly, he also showed us that it is possible to Glide Toss Down and re-pickup the same banana, giving us the single dribble.

For months now, NinjaLink has been showing Diddy mains the way, releasing a video of himself Vs. a Pikachu which really opened up our minds to the potential Diddy really has at being a top tier character.

NinjaLink's exploits on the tournament scene continued, placing well at various tournaments all throughout the summer, even claiming to have beaten M2K in friendlies.

Then came XII E.S.T.I.C.L.E, where he placed third, helping relegate Mew2King to 4th, with his Diddy Kong out playing M2K's MetaKnight.

Current Age:
For a long time, Diddy remained undiscovered, and Diddy's were afraid that their advantage of 'Suprise I'm using a character you've never Vs'd before' was going to be lost forever thanks to NinjaLink's victory.

But we came to the realization that for Diddy's Metagame to truly grow and flourish as it should, we should want people to learn how to play against us. The never ending cycle of strategies and counter-strategies.

Diddy Kong players are banding together, and playing to find Diddy's ultimate win button, but for now, we'll just have to make do with Banana Locking you against a wall :p

Flagelants

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=551]Diddy Kong - A Smashboards Recount[/drupal]

~ Diddy through the Ages ~

PAOol Age:
PAOol was active on these boards for a while, bringing us his combo videos and basic tech videos. Many would consider him an early pioneer, showing us how to perform Diddy's advanced Tech's. Unfortunately, he has since dropped off the face of smashboards. Rumours say he has dropped Diddy. His loss : P

N4N3RZ/AlphaZealot Age:
This was a time when Diddy mains across the world had found two players to unite under. AlphaZealot for his MLG articles and awesome combo/tricks videos, and NAN3RZ for a playstyle that best exemplified the ideal Diddy Playstyle at the time. These two players were really the first to demonstrate applications of Diddy's AT's at a high level of play. N4N3RZ in particular (in the beginning) was a great example of how to make the bananas work.

NinjaLink/Dribble Age:
One day, things were going entirely normally. Then this guy named NinjaLink comes on the scene, claiming that he is 'the best Diddy that doesn't main Diddy'.

He introduced us to two things, 1st being the double dribble, wherein you glide toss down bananas so that you constantly swap between them back and forth, a trick that N4N3RZ had already shown us, but more importantly, he also showed us that it is possible to Glide Toss Down and re-pickup the same banana, giving us the single dribble.

For months now, NinjaLink has been showing Diddy mains the way, releasing a video of himself Vs. a Pikachu which really opened up our minds to the potential Diddy really has at being a top tier character.

NinjaLink's exploits on the tournament scene continued, placing well at various tournaments all throughout the summer, even claiming to have beaten M2K in friendlies.

Then came XII E.S.T.I.C.L.E, where he placed third, helping relegate Mew2King to 4th, with his Diddy Kong out playing M2K's MetaKnight.

Current Age:
For a long time, Diddy remained undiscovered, and Diddy's were afraid that their advantage of 'Suprise I'm using a character you've never Vs'd before' was going to be lost forever thanks to NinjaLink's victory.

But we came to the realization that for Diddy's Metagame to truly grow and flourish as it should, we should want people to learn how to play against us. The never ending cycle of strategies and counter-strategies.

Diddy Kong players are banding together, and playing to find Diddy's ultimate win button, but for now, we'll just have to make do with Banana Locking you against a wall :p

Flagelants age
That's how it will look like, just give some time :p

BDiddy

Smash Rookie
Yes. Rock on Diddy users. I hgave recently started to main with Diddy when i realized how powerful and what huge combos he can spit out. I also love his down smash.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
This sort of makes me want to pick up Diddy, as I really don't do good against my friend's Marth when playing as Pikachu...

Anyways, I found this pretty **** informative. As a person just now slightly gettign into the competetive scene, I found this a really interesting read. The fact that Diddy Kong might make a rise to top tier, and how he could do it interested me to no end.

Good work :D

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah, I hope the user blogs will be used to recount some of the bigger tournaments, and experiences people have had at them and such. It helps give an insight into tournaments that people might have missed or never been apart of.

The same with Metagame development.
I think it's important that the development of the game over the years is documented.
Most people would then realise that Metaknight won't be the best character forever (I hope).

Top Bottom