• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK owned SSB but not SSBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
They changed all of the timing of DK's moves and slowed most of them down considerably, which was a huge pain for me initially so I moved to a new character **cough**link**cough** ;)

But I've come back to DK and have learned to use his good ****. Basically I'm fair at baiting the punch, although sometimes I spam it, and I can set people up for his grab decently too. I know how to use his air+forward+A spike (required almost no setup in SSB but takes forever in SSBM) and I'm sure I could get his air+down+A spike. Is there anything else I should know?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm pretty sure DK really didn't change, but he got faster

don't go for spikes, do his cargo throw up to uair, his best combo, works on every character, and i do mean every character

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
i'm pretty sure DK really didn't change, but he got faster

don't go for spikes, do his cargo throw up to uair, his best combo, works on every character, and i do mean every character
Not Jiggs.

Also, wasn't DK third worst in SSB? I'm pretty sure he was. And he still rocks in this one.

Little Greg

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong remained nearly tha same. If anyth'n, gotten betta. In this game, diznont go fo` tha fair spikes, only spike wit dair cuz this is how we do it. Spik'n is only fo` playa wit certain recovery ie Fox/Falco/Falcon/Gizzles W-H-to-tha-izzen recover'n from below (otha too, but too lazy ta think), otherwise bairzzle is a good edgeguard.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
think we should just stick to discussing DK in melee

kidna pointless to compare him to his ssb64 form

so closing ;x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom