• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Side B potential set up.

LuK2N

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elijah
I've been thinking this could possibly be something against players that like to shield a lot. In this clip wii fit trainer is shielding near the edge of brinstar I figured I should just try side b and this is the outcome.

http://youtu.be/mTTzrKE2Lc8

Now this is kind of a rock paper sissiors set up because get up attack doesn't change depending on percentage anymore. This means players might not do it as much but if so you have a couple of options after you shield the attack. You could grab,attack,walk away,jump away ect. But if your opponent likes to shield you can opt for a side b. There is way more to this but I'm not going to go into too much details on this.

What do you guys think about this? Please discuss here I want everyone's opinion on this!!!!

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Seems like a pretty good setup to me. It's a little niche but it's still good. Mega Man can do the same thing with Mega Upper near the edge, so I'm gonna assume this is a universal Shield Break situation at the ledge. Really this just makes DK that much more scary to try and play defensive against.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Wow I hope this continues to develop and we find that it's a legit fear when fighting against DK players.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Woah, do you have to land just right to push them back?
That's pretty cool and scary. At worst another option that your opponent has to watch out for since it can OHKO them, so they'll shield less on the edge for you to predict a different option from them.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Woah, do you have to land just right to push them back?
That's pretty cool and scary. At worst another option that your opponent has to watch out for since it can OHKO them, so they'll shield less on the edge for you to predict a different option from them.
nope, it all depends on them. had it happen two or three times out of 600 games. works with down b because shielding pushing them back, too

LuK2N

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elijah
nope, it all depends on them. had it happen two or three times out of 600 games. works with down b because shielding pushing them back, too
I did side b on zss's shield and it brought it down to about 90% then I did a dash attack and it broke the shield.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
DK has always had a great grab game

and now this?

yooo, enjoy literally never shielding ever against DK lmao

POOB

Smash Journeyman
It breaks shield automatically? OH... MY... GOODNESS... its slow startup covers the spot dodge as well. So yeah...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Looks really effective, and it should make even good players rip their hair.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
This isn't just useful on the edge either, this setup could be used anywhere on stage, and if you hit it your opponent is completely boned. This combined with Donkey Kong's Down B can actually make opponents fear to block since they'll fear getting guard breaks, and having them fear blocking is HUGE

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Wait a minute how did you manage to shatter the shield in one hit? is there a sweetspot with sideb or something? i usually bring it down to a tiny nub and they run while it recharges before i can finish it.

cardboardowl

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute how did you manage to shatter the shield in one hit? is there a sweetspot with sideb or something? i usually bring it down to a tiny nub and they run while it recharges before i can finish it.
she was shielding for a lil bit before hand so it started decaying

Top Bottom