• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Tilts

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
I was watching a bunch of DK vids and noticed that people hardly ever use his tilts, what is your opinion on DK's tilts?

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
dtilt is good. I use it mainly for edgeguarding but it is also good as a quick, weak hit if you use it how you would typically use jab with some other character that actually has a good jab (jab comes out a frame earlier than dtilt but dtlit is iasa earlier and just overall a better move). Bad players will miss their inputs thanks to the stun and you can grab them while they're just standing there or panic shield.

ftilt is cool. Too slow to throw it out willy nilly but you can pretend you're marth and apply it in a similar manner. Up angled ftilt can stop approaching aerials if you accidentally get caught facing forward. ftilt can also be used to stop "mid-height" illusion/phantasm when edgeguarding - basically when they're too high for downtilt and will hit you if you don't put a hitbox out.

uptilt extends chaingrabs. I really only use it on C Falcon but it's good in that sense.

DK's tilts aren't good moves in the grand scheme of competitive ssbm, but looking at them next to the rest of DK's moveset...they're pretty good

Last edited:

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
dtilt is good. I use it mainly for edgeguarding but it is also good as a quick, weak hit if you use it how you would typically use jab with some other character that actually has a good jab (jab comes out a frame earlier than dtilt but dtlit is iasa earlier and just overall a better move). Bad players will miss their inputs thanks to the stun and you can grab them while they're just standing there or panic shield.

ftilt is cool. Too slow to throw it out willy nilly but you can pretend you're marth and apply it in a similar manner. Up angled ftilt can stop approaching aerials if you accidentally get caught facing forward. ftilt can also be used to stop "mid-height" illusion/phantasm when edgeguarding - basically when they're too high for downtilt and will hit you if you don't put a hitbox out.

uptilt extends chaingrabs. I really only use it on C Falcon but it's good in that sense.

DK's tilts aren't good moves in the grand scheme of competitive ssbm, but looking at them next to the rest of DK's moveset...they're pretty good
Thanks, I'll keep all of this into consideration the next time I play. What has a longer reach, F tilt or Bair?

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
"Reach" is kinda hard to define, but if we're talking about which move safely covers the most space on the stage, it's almost definitely bair.

DK's arm hurtbox isn't even completely covered by ftilt's hitbox if I remember correctly (Whereas bair's hitbox is practically the space around DK's foot).

Nexus| Taka

Fraudulent Doc Main
"Reach" is kinda hard to define, but if we're talking about which move safely covers the most space on the stage, it's almost definitely bair.

DK's arm hurtbox isn't even completely covered by ftilt's hitbox if I remember correctly (Whereas bair's hitbox is practically the space around DK's foot).
So DK has swords on his feet instead of his arms >_<. I wish I was good at photoshop so I could make this image lol.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I spam tilts.

Dtilt is very useful for Sheik and Marth. Ftilt and Uptilt (back facing) cover whiffed Bairs.

Ftilt also covers people who try to come in after a Dtilt and covers retreating Fairs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom