• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Vs. Space Animals?.....DK has a chance?

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
Ive heard tha Dk has been having better match ups against the space animals latley, i mean since they are fast fallers i guess the Cargo combo works well but what are your thoughts....?:p

But keep in mind i was just curious, dont rip me a new one for asking a question......

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Of course he has a chance. Everyone has a chance.

DK does have good combos against Fox/Falco. You can either CG them to about 30% then shffl uairs and finish with a fair or giant punch.

Or, you could cargo throw up, the uair, then grab repeat. This racks up damage faster than CGing. You'd finish the same way.

DK also has good edgeguarding against Fox/Falco. His bair is wonderful, and he can go out far, and still make it back, as his recovery has amazing horizontal range.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
DK definitely has decent game against fox and falco.

watch a good DK play a good space animal.

in fact, search hoshinokirby on youtube. he combos captain jack's fox zero to death first life... i remember that.

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
Well why isnt there that many DK players out there then? Like Yes there is AOB and Cape but who plays Dk in Tournments? Like who would be the "Gimpyfish" of DK?

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Probably AOB. There's also Bum, but he usually only goes to MLG, so you'd need a VoD account to see his videos.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Wow!!! That's impressive.

Just curious... who does DK do better against, Fox or Falco?
That 0-death was pretty rediculous, wasn't it xD

To answer your question, DK tends to do better against Fox. While Falco is just as easily combo'ed, he's got that laser'o'death which tends to make DK players pull their hair out and/or become bird hunters.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
My brother would be the Gimpyfish of DK because much like the real Gimpyfish... he got no game! :D

jk. I <3 Gimpy.

But yeah, Captain Jack has a sweet DK. So does Canada Mike. HoshinoKirby, AOB, BUM, and our good old boy from down under, KingKong, are all amazing. Tops in their respective countries.

I don't know of any good Euro DKs though. I'm not too in the know on the European smashers. I've never even seen a video of a Euro DK.

King Kong

Smash Lord
My brother would be the Gimpyfish of DK because much like the real Gimpyfish... he got no game! :D

jk. I <3 Gimpy.

But yeah, Captain Jack has a sweet DK. So does Canada Mike. HoshinoKirby, AOB, BUM, and our good old boy from down under, KingKong, are all amazing. Tops in their respective countries.

I don't know of any good Euro DKs though. I'm not too in the know on the European smashers. I've never even seen a video of a Euro DK.
heh, im not really in the league of top American or Japanese DK's, people tell me im at a similar level to Cape's DK. HoshinoKirby and CJ are still a couple of levels above me according to people who've played them.

I've seen one vid of this Italian DK player, he looked okay

DK beats fox on FD, on other stages Fox maintains a solid, but not overwhelming advantage.

peace out

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
heh, im not really in the league of top American or Japanese DK's, people tell me im at a similar level to Cape's DK. HoshinoKirby and CJ are still a couple of levels above me according to people who've played them.

I've seen one vid of this Italian DK player, he looked okay

DK beats fox on FD, on other stages Fox maintains a solid, but not overwhelming advantage.

peace out
If you're the best with a character on an entire continent you deserve mention.

And I forgot, Cape is really good too.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I need to get vids up so you guys can decide on where i stand as far as being good or not goes....I should have some up soon, i'll keep ya'll posted...

BTW, Does anyone know where the hitbox is for the giant punch that hits at full strenght, but sends them backwards. I'm not talking about the one that hits them up at half strength, i'm talking about the spot that hits them like as if you hit with his arm, but i know its near his back....if any of you guys get what i mean...Cuz i think it would be extremely useful

King Kong

Smash Lord
I need to get vids up so you guys can decide on where i stand as far as being good or not goes....I should have some up soon, i'll keep ya'll posted...

BTW, Does anyone know where the hitbox is for the giant punch that hits at full strenght, but sends them backwards. I'm not talking about the one that hits them up at half strength, i'm talking about the spot that hits them like as if you hit with his arm, but i know its near his back....if any of you guys get what i mean...Cuz i think it would be extremely useful
That reverse punch dosnt have the same properties as the forward one, it has more vertical kill power I think, i'll look into it.

The hitbox is where Dk's arm is behind his body before he throws the punch forwards (90% sure)

and yes, i too need to get some new vids up.

peace out

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
That reverse punch dosnt have the same properties as the forward one, it has more vertical kill power I think, i'll look into it.

The hitbox is where Dk's arm is behind his body before he throws the punch forwards (90% sure)

and yes, i too need to get some new vids up.

peace out
I know that, but there is a spot where it will do the same as the forward part of the punch, but it will hit them behind you instead, not up. It will hit with full power but hits them in the opposite direction...Kinda like the how the warlock punch works with ganon how you can hit at full strength but in the opposite direction...

Top Bottom