• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you know who else deserves to be in Multiversus? MY MOOOOOM - Muscle Man for Multiversus Support Thread

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
"A good prank is a good prank."
Truly wise words.

...Do you know who else can spit out some wise words? MY M-

Welcome to the Muscle Man for Multiversus Support Thread!!!
Reg_muscleman (1).png

What is Regular Show and who is Muscle Man?

Regular Show was an animated TV series that ran on Cartoon Network (which, as we have seen, is eligible for Multiversus) from 2010 to 2017. It followed the daily lives and antics of a group of assorted characters who worked at a local park. This lovely cast would face the trials and tribulations of life in a variety of ways, mainly through watching mundane situations escalate through the roof. And perhaps none of these characters shone brighter.....than Mitch "Muscle Man" Sorrenstein.

Muscle Man is one of the groundskeepers of the Park, a bizarrely green-skinned man who's oftentimes seen hangin' around with his best bud, Hi-Five Ghost. Muscle Man is a lazy, egotistical jerk, but has a surprisingly packed past and will stick up for his fellow workers at the Park when push comes to shove. However, perhaps his most iconic trait is his near-constant tendency to make jokes about MY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM - a remnant of his late father, who used to joke about MY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE. Muscle Man is an endearing character on his own, but this particular trait of his is what has elevated him to legendary status and earned him such a fanbase.

Why add him?

Well first off, Regular Show is, like, super popular. It's widely considered one of the big 3 cartoons that gave CN its strength in the early 2010s along with Adventure Time and Gumball, and I still consistently see it mentioned to this day. It's an extremely beloved and well-remembered cartoon among CN's catalogue, especially now that it's entering the area where people can be nostalgic for it, and while I do want them to get some more classic CN shows in, it can't hurt to throw in another more relatively modern pick.

So Muscle Man isn't actually the protagonist of Regular Show. That would go to Mordecai and Rigby. However, Muscle Man is easily one of, if not the most beloved character in the show. MY MOM jokes are still a part of countless internet people's daily vocabulary. He's regarded by a wide amount of people as one of the show's highlights, and I think that amount of fanfavoritism gets his foot in the door as a potential pick. Plus, there's no reason they can't just all be in eventually.

How would he fight?

Well, lucky you, cause Muscle Man has the potential for one hell of a moveset. Muscle Man is actually a very strong individual - he used to be a bodybuilder and he's shown to be able to lift cars and trees. He could of course call upon Hi-Five Ghost for a couple of attacks! He'd have to have the golf cart involved somewhere in there. He's also a master prankster, which gives him plenty of additional moveset potential. He could have a multi-hit up smash where he swings his T-shirt around. Or a command grab where he gives you a wedgie. And of course, we could always pull from a variety of iconic specific Muscle Man moments. How about a side special where he's dragged by an invisible force while shooting a shotgun? Or a cinematic super where he shoves you into a vending machine and throws it into the distance, at which point it explodes? The possibilities are endless with how bat**** crazy Regular Show is.

Anyway yeah Muscle Man would be based, please throw in some support for my guy.

Do you know who ELSE supports Muscle Man???
Speed Weed Speed Weed
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon
Yiptap Yiptap
OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
Flyboy Flyboy
Opossum Opossum
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Mr Hairyman Mr Hairyman

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Count me in. I hope the whole main cast of Regular Show eventually get in because each of them are great.

Muscle Man is especially though.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I bet before (heck even after) multiversus was announced, no one here would have expected a support thread to have “MY MOM!!!!” somewhere in the title.

For real though, I unironically support this guy. And even though he’s not the main character might even think he should get in before mordecai and rigby, just because of how interesting his moveset would be compared to them. Would love to see what they would do with him.

Regular show was probably my favorite show as a kid and it was certainly the one I watched the most so being able to play as characters from it in a platform fighter would be a dream for me. Now I kind of want to rewatch the show…

I'm gonna support him, since Regual Show was used my Childhood Cartoon.
Darn, good times when it was airing in my Country and I liked it, because it looked cool to watch Raccoon and Blue Jay going through insane adventures while there was Benson, Skips and Muscle Man.
I really support Regular Show rep for Multiversus and I could want to see muscle man in game.

Top Bottom