• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think Byleth will get tweaks before the release?

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to overlook the lack of mobility, and even the supposed "bad grab game", but is anyone still concerned how things like aerials will play out? Like, in terms of autocancels, and how safe they might end up being on shield. We can't exactly trust Sakurai in the gameplay to do all the "competitive" things, such as properly fastfalling and autocanceling the aerials, so I still have some faith on that.

Think about it, we've already got a clear blindspot in terms of the lack of verticality, and most of our aerials don't likely drop under the double digits in terms of startup.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Don’t be too hopeful. I do think that their frame data will be slightly tweaked (hopefully for the better) but I think most of the changes made from the build shown in the Direct will be to minor details like the background characters in the new stage, as they were noticeably lower quality than the other character cameo models in stages like the KoF stage or Mementos.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I'm hopeful, but not optimistic. The biggest problems I have with the data we've seen so far have a lot to do with either the core of his design or the design of the specific moves themselves, leaving me feeling that changes are unrealistic because they need much bigger changes than just tweaks. His bow special's disgusting 45/114 frame startup has that kind of atrocious data because they saddled it with the inability to fire weaker shots, his Dair having 22 startup and 41 landing lag is part of Aymr attacks having the design philosophy of a Brawl-era heavyweight character, and Nair having 16 landing lag is because they want close quarters combat to be really disadvantageous for Byleth... but it remains to be seen if his strengths at long range are going to be enough to overcome his frame data against characters that excel at rushing in, because I have concerns that he's shaping up to be "worse Belmonts" right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom