• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easier to desynch?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I just noticed something. If you look at the photo popo is doing a forward smash while nana is doing a fair in the opposite direction. Either whoever is playing is good at desynching, nanas AI is better, or you can more easily control her, thoughts?

________
Honda GL1100

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think whoever is playing is VERY good. :p

I hope Nana's AI is better this time, though...

Off topic: Look at the size of Popo's mallet compared to Dedede's O,o Dedede's mallet itself is bigger than Popo!

kayesel30

Smash Rookie
forgive me for asking, but how do you desync in melee?

when i heard ice climbers were coming back to brawl, i was kinda surprised because i barely hear anything about them, but im glad they stayed in.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
forgive me for asking, but how do you desync in melee?

when i heard ice climbers were coming back to brawl, i was kinda surprised because i barely hear anything about them, but im glad they stayed in.
I'm not sure about all of the desyncing because I only do it every once in a while. But I DO know that you can desync by doing various rolls. First off, you can make Nana grab an opponent by rolling with both ICs and then pressing the Z button right before the roll ends. This will make Nana grab and Popo will be free to run around and do whatever until the grab breaks.

You can also roll and charge up a smash shot with Nana. So do another roll and right before the roll ends, you need to press over-A so that Nana begins charging the smash shot. And this way, you can actually DRAG Nana along with you wherever you go WHILE she's charging the smash attack. Then just let go to have her release it.

Next one I know of is pretty useful. I use this one a lot actually. You roll with both, then press B before it ends and Nana will shoot a single Ice shot and then you can use popo to run out behind the ice shot. That way, it'll confuse your enemy a bit, because they'll be hit with the ice shot first and then immediately followed up with hit by popo. Normally both ICs have to shoot the ice shot at the same time and that's all that can be done, but this way, you can get more effective and quicker combos in.

That's all I know. I'd suggest googling Ice Climbers desync and see if anything comes up.

Top Bottom