• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EGX Ladder Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a very long wait, finally we are able to introduce the new, official (or at least as official as it gets any more :p) Online EGX Ladder!

If you wish to join this ladder make sure you've applied

Click here!--> Application Rules<--Click here!

Anyone who posts here asking to apply, or without applying first will have the post deleted, and may also risk getting an infraction for minor spam.

Ladder Specific Rules

This ladder will be strictly for EGX and P2P. If you cannot play on EGX or HOST P2P it is too hard to set-up matches so you’ll be refused from the ladder This ladder will function to give people a general idea, of where people stand on a competitive level of smash64. BUT, also remember people who do not participate in this ladder, MAY OR MAY NOT be better then someone who is highly ranked.

This is a simple ladder where you may challenge people who are above you by ONE OR TWO spots.

If you are challenged you will have FOUR days to respond, if after four days you do not respond you will be switched with the person who challenged you, if after another THREE days you do not respond (One week from first challenged) you will be removed from the ladder.

If you challenge someone, then lose the set, you are required to wait at LEAST 3 days before challenging that same person again. (Regardless of any spot changes during that time frame)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The North American ladder will start when we get 10 members.

The European will start when we get 5 members

Any additional members will be added to the bottom of the ladder.

Seeding for the initial placements will be random (but I'll put myself at the bottom to be fair).

LADDER STARTED!!!

North American

SSB64-Jel
Daedatheus
MarioReincarnate
Cartman
Blue Yoshi

initial placement was random, with me at the bottom. anybody entering from now on will be added at the bottom.

Registrations
European
Lawrencelot
Nixxxon

If you want to join the ladder, just post in this thread that you want to join.

FAQ:

Q: How do I join the ladder?

A: You can challenge up to two spots above your current position. Getting on the ladder is the same. You must challenge one of the bottom two people to take their spot.

Q: I want to challenge someone. What do I do?

A: First, post on this thread who you are challenging. Then, find a way to contact them. Send them a private message, send them an email, send them an instant message, knock on their door, anything. Just don't go overboard... :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
You must challenge one of the bottom two people to get to the ladder. If you win that, you take their spot. If you lose, you must wait three days before you can try again.

Same rules as before.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
You must challenge one of the bottom two people to get to the ladder. If you win that, you take their spot. If you lose, you must wait three days before you can try again.
Aaah gotcha. Didn't know that rule. It's too bad, I p2p'd ssb64-jel yesterday and could be on the ladder now :psycho: Unless he's willing to count it.

BTW when I challenge someone, is it best 2 of 3?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If it gets the ladder to go back on, then sure :)

Since the ladder hasn't changed since... well... three months, I think it won't kill anyone if we did redo it. Alright, now to change the orriginal post...

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll join, hopefully some of you can teach me while we play :-)

Cartman

Pav7300 - aim
474 523 210 - ICQ
Pav7300 - Yahoo (DON'T know if it works, would like someone to test it though)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Hey it's Ecartman!!! lol jk :p

Sure we'll teach you stuff... at least I will.

That said, anyone object if we start the ladder at 5 people? More people can join after. Just so that we have something going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom