• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El cazador de la nocturno-Lucario matchup discussion

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
guys ive been using BF a lot, it is one of pit's best stages imo if you abuse it right. but i think a legit lucario CP would be picto. it makes up for our killing power. also i agree that brinstar would be legit.

Esca

Smash Champion
I don't think Pictochat is good against Lucario. The blast zones are too far, and he would live too long.

Brinstar is too good. I have tricks for that stage. :)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well wat if you place 1st and i place 10th? lol jk but that's actually a pretty acurate guesstimate. but hey lets hang out after i get paid next friday. this time i won't forget to bring my bottle

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario will almost certainly ban RC on you... if they don't they probably have a pocket MK waiting or something.

as for CPs it really depends on the player... if Japes is legal lucario likes it more or less. sky high blast zones and he gets a river to fall into half the time if he's feeling offstage pressure.

YI would be good mainly because pit is bad there...

most things beyond that are probably down to player preference... You'd probably so a lot of neutrals and maybe a stage like frigate.

edit: also shame on whoever said pit even comes close to abusing lucario's recovery as hard as marth does. Pit really doesn't do that much lmao.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Heres a list of CP stages I think we should take Lucario

Take Lucario to

Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Battlefield
Norfair (Is that stage officially banned)?

Do not take Lucario to

Final Destination
Yoshis Island
PictoChat
Castle Seige
Pokemon Stadium 1
Green Greens
Halberd
Delfino Plaza

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I actually think Halberd would be better for Pit, the excessive sharking during the travelling part + large horizontal sprawl (on the ship's deck part of the stage) yet small ceiling (does pit have any reliable vertical killers aside from DA at higher percents?) makes for good Pit camping.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I actually think Halberd would be better for Pit, the excessive sharking during the travelling part + large horizontal sprawl (on the ship's deck part of the stage) yet small ceiling (does pit have any reliable vertical killers aside from DA at higher percents?) makes for good Pit camping.
Dair, upsmash, and fsmash. Fsmash is more of a diagonal which is still assisted by low ceiling.

@Lucarios what would you say about brinstar/Lylat?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Brinstar: Yes

Lylat: More or less, yes. I personally feel comfortable on this stage when I'm Lucario (as Sheik that's a different story rofl), but most don't really like this stage. I would consider it a stronger neutral for you guys than something like BF imo.

Frigate's kinda cool for lucario, helps his recovery significantly since there's almost always a wall-clingable wall to get to even if someone edgehogs you (the most noticeable one is the part on the right where most people try to gimp bad recoveries lol), which is a plus for adding to Lucario's recovery options (albeit a bit gimmicky) :) I usually take people here as Lucario though if it's a stage that wrecks the opponent's recovery as well, and since Pit's is pretty good it's kinda moot in that sense. Basically, it's okay, but it's definitely not a CP that would be bad for lucario to fight on (on the contrary, it'd actually help him a tiny bit, if anything)

smash brother

Smash Cadet
lucarios b at high% is leathel and his c smashs are very good when hes trying to smack and his air is fairly good so hes a beast in the right hands

pits d jab f sab and u jabs are fairly good along with his c smashs and his air attacks are awesome and so are his bs so in the right hands he is also a beast in the right hands

overall with that being said i think it it is 50-50 and then 51-49 depending on who killed who

:phone:

Top Bottom