• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extending Extremespeed?

Zoa

Smash Ace
I was hitting up the lab today on FD when I noticed that quickly canceling Extremespeed with an aura charge, then inputting either Force Palm or ASC before reaching the end distance on it, catapults you with momentum left from Extremespeed. I did it at a 270(?) degree angle several times to test it out.

What it ends up doing is tapering off shortly after the FC/ASC input and causes you to go farther horizontally and down. So say if you have all your options available to recover, you could end up doing DT, ES momentum cancel to recover farther down, DJ, wall jump (if available), and air dodge back to the stage. Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
This is interesting, I'll try it out and see if lucario keeps the momentum. In addition to this, have you noticed that if you hit opponents with extremespeed at an odd angle, you transfer your momentum to them?

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
The following test are after 1 jump up:

Extremespeed normal length horizontal, 9 blocks on training stage.

Extremespeed horizontal length if done at 45* angle: 8 blocks on training stage.

Extremespeed horizontal length canceled into double team: 12 bocks on training stage.

So, for the momentum boost from canceling extremespeed to side B or a aurasphere to be worth it, it must travel at least 10 blocks when done at an angle.

the most i've gotten with this boost is 8 blocks. Meaning that extremespeed into double team will always result in farther distance. Thus, I conclude this is very situational and is not useful in most situations.

Zoa

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ffWA8JWa1M&feature=youtu.be

Here's a video of me doing it a whole bunch in training. I have a lot of fails because I mess up sometimes with aerial ASC and end up air dodging instead of doing ASC properly. The other is resetting the stick to neutral for ASC. Aside from those you see me do several successful ES momentum cancels.

Edit: Also possible with aerials.

Last edited:

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
Its definetely a cool tech for lucario, but probably not a very useful one.

Zoa

Smash Ace
I found it useful as a way to mix up options for recovery. The momentum can act as a surprise rush to attack edgeguard attempts, or use DT right out of the momentum to gain invincibility and bypass edgeguarders onstage. You can wall jump out of it, too. It can act as a pseudo replacement for Luc's old wall cling out of ES.

Top Bottom