• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farore's Second Hit

Luis Alonso

Smash Journeyman
How many of you guys hit with the reappearing hitbox of Farore's Wind? And if you do hit with that, have you ever come up with some cool follow ups? I know I have :)

4tlas

Smash Lord
I do! I find it a great mixup with cancelling->grab, and it can condition opponents into shielding then releasing shield after you appear, which allows for cancel->fsmash or cancel->ftilt or cancel->fair/bair.

As for conversions, I have gotten lightning kick kills off of it. The best conversion (and most likely) is into Dins/dinsplosion then lightning kick or upair. This is because opponents who are so near a dins but have not clanked it are unlikely to punish you properly for an approach, due to either distress or proper zoning. If they shield the teleburn they might get hit by Dins, and if they don't shield it you can appear either in it or on the other side, and they can't wavedash back to punish because they'll hit Dins.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
I don't recall ever getting a true conversion off it, but I use it a fair amount. While recovering, coming down from being juggled, and even just in neutral sometimes! It's very easy for them to shield, and then punish, so I like to try to end up behind them if possible, so they can't shieldgrab.

Top Bottom