• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fellas fellas! Let's try to be more sensitive to Sakurai

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
See, I'm even more casual than that because I wouldn't have even noticed Brawl being "totally different" if I didn't constantly read about it. Hell if I noticed that I can't do combos and how floaty characters are and etc...the main things I noticed were
"holy **** I can't believe I can finally have Mario and Sonic duke it out, 7 year old me dreamed of this day",

"UGH the online is TERRIBLE"

"Why are there two Fox clones?"

"NO MEGAMAN!?!?"

see, just dumb surface stuff like that. SSB is more of a fun crazy game to me, more like the way Sakurai talks about it.
See, I didn't notice AT FIRST, because I was young, and, well, didn't play like I do now. I'm casual, but I play with more of a competitive edge. (No items, stock, no levels that can hurt you) So, I did notice eventually that I liked Melee's speed. But I was like that too. I remember unlocking everything and being surprised that:

A. Geno wasn't in the game

B. Mewtwo wasn't in the game

NOW, it makes sense why they both weren't but back then I was pretty confused :p

D

Deleted member

If Namco wasn't brought on to help with balance, then I don't know why they were brought on at all. The guy from ToS is also been brought on, so I expect the "Story" to be pretty good as well. Really, when you combine Sakurai, with those two minds, you're bound to get something great. Plus I'm sure Miyamoto will dip his hands in a bit, in SOME way. (Though probably not in a big way)

I have really, really high expectations for this game.
I have extremely high expectations for this game as well and would be surprised if this was the worst Smash Bros. game yet. The worst I'm literally expecting is a 9/10 game; which is great for me, considering that I rate 64 and Brawl at 9/10 and Melee at 9.5/10.

And yeah, I think Namco Bandai were brought up to help with game balancing. I'm hoping this means some changes to the game play as well that keeps it simple while adding more depth to the game play

That said, I'm hoping this game can surpass Melee in quality. That is one tough beast to tackle in terms of how good a game is and I will commend Sakurai for doing so if that is the case.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The storyline will be probably be better simply because of who is working on it. And yeah, I expect Namco to have large imput on the story.
Not that having a better story than SSE is saying much. Just because Namco's involved doesn't mean one should expect that much out of SSB4's story still. I mean look at the abomination that was Soul Calibur 5's story mode. The guy who did ToS being brought in might hold some weight, though it doesn't mean the game's story will automatically be anywhere on ToS's level of goodness.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind just having another simplistic Melee-style adventure mode, as it tends to be a lot more replayable than something like SSE.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I never said it would be. For the second time. Just better than SSE.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The storyline will be probably be better simply because of who is working on it. And yeah, I expect Namco to have large imput on the story.
You do realise Namco haven't made like any game with an iconic and awesome story, right?

Unless you count the cliché anime/japanesey stereotypical drama arcade games as riveting epics, then sure okay but then you might as well call Ridge Racer's obsession with skanky women artistic brilliance.

The writing needs to work in a way that maintains a good level of silliness because the entire idea of this universe crossover is just silly. What it should do (and what I think SSE did get right at some points) is just give you big fan moments etc.

Seriously if anything akin to Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy melodrama enters a Smash Bros. game's story, I will be very very upset.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You do realise Namco haven't made like any game with an iconic and awesome story, right?
You do realize BETTER for SSE doesn't mean iconic or awesome, just not meh like SS was. I've said like three times that I don't mea the story is going to be this amazing thing, just better.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I'm assuming it's okay to make Brawl spoilers by now, lol. I personally found SSE a bit sad. It was quite the scene when Master Hand was shown as a puppet being controlled. Made me think of those times in Melee and 64 where we had to fight him and go "hmm so he was being controlled this entire time"

I also recall some of the R.O.B. scenes were pretty ;__;

:phone:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I thought SSE's story was actually pretty appropriate and fun. Honestly it wasn't the story that bothered me, it was actually playing it that wasn't so thrilling.

Personally I found it all very good, and this was at a time when I was perfectly cynical and jaded so I wouldn't call it nostalgia or something stupid like that.

Really I hope to God they don't go down the road of some sort of animeish story, really truly get that JRPG **** out of my Smash.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Mario and Luigi has never been so wrong.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
You people think there was a story? Seems like everything was plastered together haphazardly.

But, that can't really be helped. These are characters from several different franchises who have never interacted previously until... Smash.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But, that can't really be helped. These are characters from several different franchises who have never interacted previously until... Smash.
Yes, that's sort of the point.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The most important thing is to include the entire DK Crew from DK64. People want Dixie Kong so I guess she can appear instead of Tiny, or both. Also Candy Kong with her massive breasts.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well technically Dedede saved the day with his special badges.

Also, I like how you could actually choose anyone for the final battle, and it implied that everyone fought against Tabuu.

I think the player should be given that choice in the end.

Also the entire story should revolve around the cutscene of Bowser beating up the Ganondorf trophy. That was possibly one of the most hilarious scenes in videogame history.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Technically the Captain N animated series was the first time these game universes crossed over, not smash. Captain N is almost entirely why I think Simon Belmont and Megaman should get added :) What an awesome concept for a show with such terrible execution, mega mega.

Top Bottom