• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Firefox: the new shine?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
So we all know that Fox's reflector is no longer a 1-frame attack. However, I noticed something interesting about his Firefox.

In Melee, the charging part of the attack could burn the opponent and combo, but it didn't happen instantly.

Check out the 5 minute trailer. On the Lylat cruise stage. There's a part where Fox charges his Firefox against Samus. As soon as the attack starts, Samus appears to flinch, but doesn't take any damage. Immediately after, she starts getting burned for real.

Has the Firefox been buffed so that it starts hitting the opponent instantly? I need more opinions on this.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I just looked over the video, your claim is true, at least for the Samus part. I also saw some alterations to several other moves as well, eg: final stike of Fox's forward aerial pops his opponent up, hard. Fox falls much slower while performing his forward aerial attack and the shine/reflector has a much faster come-out time, it looks as if jump-canceling isn't needed for shine-spiking anymore.

I wouldn't call it "the new shine" but it is a definite plus.

Top Bottom