• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

flying arrows?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
looking at melee there are characters who can take control of the battle with projectiles for example falcos shl and docs pills. when looking at the brawl roster i tried to think of character who could use this strategy and thought of pit.

will it be possible to fly and shoot arrows at the same time? in others words could u shoot arrow jump shoot another arrow etc.. and could u shoot arrows in the air while flying towards and away from ur opponent, if so that could open up pit for alot metagame. his game would consist of fly ing around the stage spacing with arrows and going in for quick attacks...

ive only seen a few vids of pit in action, ive seen him shoot arrows at a rather fast pace, but not while flying i need some confirmation on this....anyways this a definitley a strategy ive been thinking about and will test when i get the game.

heretic

Smash Rookie
You could shoot between jumps but I doubt you can while using "B up" or gliding

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
yeah like the other 2 said, you could jump-shoot-jump-shoot, but if you use it while using Wings of Icarus, it cancels your UpB, and this will be a tactic used to stop you from going into freefall, and then if you have any more jumps left you could carry on with the jump-shoot method, but you can't then use UpB again. I myself would much prefer using an arrow to stop UpB than using an air attack, although it would really depend on the circumstances ^^

Mach7

Smash Apprentice
I agree that pits arrows promote two types of game play for pit offence and defence, so with that in mind that screams meta game for real. I would even say that arrows are pits best attack at this point

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
It's easier if you just read some threads instead of making a new one with a commenly asked question.
hey, u can go **** urself, i made this on 1/24 and at that time there were no others topics pertaining to this.

Anyaways after watching some vids of pit i can see he uses his arrows just like i imagined....

Mach7

Smash Apprentice
hey, i made this on 1/24 and at that time there were no others topics pertaining to this.

Anyaways after watching some vids of pit i can see he uses his arrows just like i imagined....
Yeah thats why i think its his best wepon of choice

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
how mature, and what do you think about the official questions thread maby?
i know right, cuz being mature on a smash bros. forum is like my top priority. and this topic isnt really a question more on how pits arrows will afect his matagame and whatnot... keep in mind i made this topic before their were any real videos of pit, and now that their are some vida i see people using his arrows just like i preficted.

its no big secret i guess, i just wanted to talk about it

Top Bottom