• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory Mode's "Smash" & "Team Smash"

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
After playing a MEGA TRUCK LOAD of 1 on 1 battles :colorful:, I decided I wanted try out the others modes they offered. And once I hopped in to it, I was very disappointed at those modes...

Either they were lazy when they were working on those modes or something else. Because its seems they forgot about some specific options. For instance:

- Pairing up in Team Battle with your friend. (PSASBR did that. Smash 4 could of done it to!)
- The option to select Time or Stock matches for both modes.

The For Glory mode generally would of been twice as addictive as the 1 on 1 mode, but... it's not.
Instead:

- 2 minute matches :facepalm:
- Still paired up with random people with no friendly fire :glare: (Because friendly fire's competitively viable.).

Alright, that's all I gotta say, but I wanna your thoughts about this. Replay away! :estatic:

xExcel

Smash Apprentice
You bumped your own topic because nobody cared enough to reply? lol..

I will say I rarely every play team battle. Not because it's particularly bad, but the lag is almost unbearable.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Well I'll reply I guess. I haven't tried the Team mode. That sucks that it's not on stock. A lot. I don't really care about the random pair up though. You could theoretically just quit the lobby till you teamed with your friend. You stick with that teammate if you don't leave the lobby so it's not that big a deal. My brother did it with his friend, didn't take long.

JohnathanACE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JohnathanACE
3DS FC
0946-2312-2428
You bumped your own topic because nobody cared enough to reply? lol..

I will say I rarely every play team battle. Not because it's particularly bad, but the lag is almost unbearable.
Good to know I'm not the only one who suffers horrible lag in team battle.

Well I'll reply I guess. I haven't tried the Team mode. That sucks that it's not on stock. A lot. I don't really care about the random pair up though. You could theoretically just quit the lobby till you teamed with your friend. You stick with that teammate if you don't leave the lobby so it's not that big a deal. My brother did it with his friend, didn't take long.
You stick with your team mate? Every time I started a new round it randomized the teams which usually sucks for me since I never get teamed up with anyone good.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Well I should clarify, that's what my bro was telling me. He may have meant they stayed in the lobby. Or maybe they were quitting I don't know. I'd ask if he was here right now haha.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
The little 4 player matches I did were pretty good. The settings, however, were not. I'll never touch them again.

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
The way I see it is that if there are more then 2 players and it's being played seriously, it MUST be a stock match.
Otherwise you get Bowsers and Kirbys with Down B spam that just sweep up all the KOs.
I tried For Glory Team battles, and I'll never do it again. 1v1 is the only way to go.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
The way I see it is that if there are more then 2 players and it's being played seriously, it MUST be a stock match.
Otherwise you get Bowsers and Kirbys with Down B spam that just sweep up all the KOs.
I tried For Glory Team battles, and I'll never do it again. 1v1 is the only way to go.
I agree. 1v1 mode's pretty much the most addictive mode in For Glory.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
just don't touch team battle on glory mode again. Sucks, but if you want to send a message, then collectively as a player base- if enough players move, the developers will see that. And maybe Nintendo afterwards, I don't know if they care anymore.

Weird how there's no 1v1 for fun mode. That's a shame cuz I'd still like to play some of the regular stages with no items as well. But I concur that the for glory 1v1 IS pretty much the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Not at all, but I reckon if nobody replied yesterday when you posted this thread, it didn't interest anyone, and bumping it makes you look like a bit of a tool. Do you though
A "tool"? Looking like a "tool" was absolutely none of my intentions... How are you gonna say that when this is the VERY FIRST TIME I actually bumped my own topic? :glare:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Lads, lads.
Can we not get into a drama about this?
Bumping a thread is normal on forums. No need to get your knickers in a twist about it.

xExcel

Smash Apprentice
A "tool"? Looking like a "tool" was absolutely none of my intentions... How are you gonna say that when this is the VERY FIRST TIME I actually bumped my own topic? :glare:
I've been here one day, I don't know about your tendencies, and I didn't say you look like a tool. I said "a bit of a tool" did I not? I'm just saying it looks bad to have to bump your own topic. If your topic was interesting enough to warrant discussion you wouldn't have had to bump it.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
I've been here one day, I don't know about your tendencies, and I didn't say you look like a tool. I said "a bit of a tool" did I not? I'm just saying it looks bad to have to bump your own topic. If your topic was interesting enough to warrant discussion you wouldn't have had to bump it.
Like I said, this the very first time I've bump any of my topics. I only bumped it, give it some attention. I mean, I wasn't expecting a crap-ton of it, but some good enough for me. Cut me some slack, seriously...

Btw, I wouldn't of known about that if this was the first time I've any of my topics.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Bumping a thread isn't exactly allowed but it isn't an horrible offense. In fact, I've bumped my own threads in the past though I suggest waiting for several days and to do it only a few times. If no one posts in it, then they are not interested in the topic and it's best to move on. Continuously bumping it does make you look like a tool. Also, try to bump with actual information and updates; rather just "Lollolol bumpity bump bump". Let's just drop this line of discussion, don't go on a bumping spree, and please don't back seat mod. That usually does not bode well with the staff.

Last edited:

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
Like I said, this the very first time I've bump any of my topics. I only bumped it, give it some attention. I mean, I wasn't expecting a crap-ton of it, but some good enough for me. Cut me some slack, seriously...

Btw, I wouldn't of known about that if this was the first time I've any of my topics.
You are kind of missing his point braaaah

And 1v1 for me

Last edited:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Bumping a thread isn't exactly allowed but it isn't an horrible offense. In fact, I've bumper my own threads in the past though I suggest waiting for several days and to do it only a few times. If no one posts in it, then they are not interested in the topic. Sucks but it's the truth. Let's just drop this line of discussion, don't go on a bumping spree, and please don't back seat mod. That usually does not bode well with the staff.
Understood. Again, this is the very first time I've bump any of my topic. If it really was that bad, my apologies.
(I think I'm done reiterating that...)

You are kind of missing his point braaaah

And 1v1 for me
Yeah whatever. I think it's time to drop this off-topic like right now. That goes for you too, @ xExcel xExcel

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Understood. Again, this is the very first time I've bump any of my topic. If it really was that bad, my apologies.
(I think I'm done reiterating that...)

Yeah whatever. I think it's time to drop this off-topic like right now. That goes for you too, @ xExcel xExcel
Just try not to bump. And if you do, include additional info, questions, comments, or updates regarding to the thread.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I haven't even touched Smash or Team Smash in FG.

Timed battles have no interest for me. I'll play them in For Fun but FG is strictly 1v1

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
I tried FG teams. There is always 1 dunce, guess who their team mate is. I have seen some excellent players though, if only I could pronounce their names. FG teams is asking to lower your stats, and you deserve it for going in.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
The Settings are fine in For Fun but when they keep the same ones in For Glory it gets bad, cause you need some form of platforms in this game. FD was not made for 4 players and on the smaller screens its easy to lose yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom