• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Matchup Chart Survey

Kamaran McClanahan

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm a statistics major and Fox main trying to construct a Fox matchup chart based on the experiences and opinions of various Fox players. I'll be trying to collect as many results as possible. if you can, please share this with any other fox mains you know, or if you know someone who is familiar with the matchup with their character, if they could also fill that in. Thanks!

http://goo.gl/forms/CVIx6P3CKP

Here is the Compiled Matchup Chart: http://i.imgur.com/SulG1qT.png

(Here is the data used)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1duSagufPBbPlfzdDc9yMP4N9Znj_bQfo77jVA8UxCHQ/edit?usp=sharing

This was pretty useful for me, hopefully other Fox mains can find use for it, as well as anyone wondering how to counter the character. Thankyou to all who participated, including the 2 zer0s and "Fox Sucks"

Last edited:

DKGrayson

Smash Cadet
NNID
tauelf
Done.

I am in-experienced and do have bias toward some matchups :p do with that info what you will.

NoSharp

Smash Rookie
Done, I just now realized Fox has a bunch of winning matchups

Kanunuu

Smash Cadet
I think he wins kirby, mario and goes even to luigi. Like yeah luigi gimps him, same with mario and kirby, but all of these characters get juggled so hard. Especially luigi. None of these characters appreciate an up smash

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Besides Luigi and Kirby, who does he lose to?
Puff is an odd and under-developed character, even VoiD's Fox was being beaten by Nakat. - I'm only speaking as to those friendlies, but Puff just excel at going in'n out.
Lucario obviously is in Fox's favour at first, but with rage anything will kill him.
Recovering against Ike is a struggle, Eruption just covers the ledge perfectly.
I'd argue that WFT is even, but that's also to do with how she's offstage half the time making it hard for Fox, not as much a losing MU, but rather meh

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
If nothing else, the Kirby matchup requires you to play carefully because he's very dangerous to Fox up-close and can edgeguard him well.

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Sol made a pretty good point about the Mac Fox MU once.
As long as it's on stage Mac can easily win the MU with his superior frame data, and use Smash attacks in read situations, cause since Fox doesn't have any kill throws or great gimping options, then he can really only either keep you in the air or keep throwing you offstage.

It's one of those MUs where I think ledge trumping is worth learning, not as much as for the Bair afterwards, but more so you force him to recovery without invincibility frames upon regrab and can either read his buffered roll, or time your Dsmash / Fsmash to KO him, but almost all character can do this, and some have better trump follow ups (like ZSS Bair)

Soooo, yeah it's a MU in Fox's favour, but Mac has a solid shot of winning it, unless counter picked to a stage that isn't Battlefield, FD or Smashville (But you can camp the Smashville platform, so that stage is the best one for you MU wise IMO)

Kamaran McClanahan

Smash Rookie
Last edited:
Top Bottom