• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox or Pikachu?

Raize

Smash Cadet
So my school does this SSB64 tourney where we do 4 player free for alls with all items except Heart, Tomato, Hammer, and Invincibility Star on Hyrule. I was wondering if Fox or Pikachu would be better for this, since they are almost 50-50 on Hyrule and Pikachu's offstage KO's wouldn't be that useful in 4 player due to the two other players.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Assuming it's stock.

Go Kirby. Stay above everyone and camp and avoid everything. If someone tries to approach from below dair. Utilt constantly if people try to gang up on you.

If you can only choose between Fox and Pikachu, then go Pikachu. You can recover better and can KO others off the top with thunder if they get upsmashed or caught in a tornado.

M4TT

Smash Cadet
Well its going to be chaos, and going pikachu means your recovery is op so maybe thats the best bet

KIrby is a good idea too

Raize

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the tips so far! Some additional information is that the only characters viable for me are Fox, Pikachu, Yoshi, and sometimes Falcon. Also, there will be a really good Fox player who can easily get big combos, so floating around with Kirby would be too risky.

The24thGanondorf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1418-7666-1581
Thanks for the tips so far! Some additional information is that the only characters viable for me are Fox, Pikachu, Yoshi, and sometimes Falcon. Also, there will be a really good Fox player who can easily get big combos, so floating around with Kirby would be too risky.
Go for Pikachu then, he's almost as quick as Fox, isn't very floaty, and has a really good back throw that can be used to setup combos.

The24thGanondorf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1418-7666-1581
Assuming it's stock.

Go Kirby. Stay above everyone and camp and avoid everything. If someone tries to approach from below dair. Utilt constantly if people try to gang up on you.

If you can only choose between Fox and Pikachu, then go Pikachu. You can recover better and can KO others off the top with thunder if they get upsmashed or caught in a tornado.
You know I just watched a tournament with Isaiah Vs. SmashBoom(don't remember if that's their exact names) where Isaiah used thunder when Falcon was at the top of the screen to net a KO.

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
My sister uses both and kicks my ass, so it doesn't matter.

They're both good.

NotLightningRunner

Smash Apprentice
Go Kirby, go to a ledge, spam uptilt. I'm assuming the players are casuals (since items are on and 4 player free for all) should be an ez monay ez win

Raize

Smash Cadet
Thank you! I will definitely only use Pikachu or Fox though, since i'm horrible with all the other characters. I'm pretty sure most of them are casuals, but i expect about 3-4 to actually be good. I'll probably just see who the others are using and pick the character off that info.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Thank you! I will definitely only use Pikachu or Fox though, since i'm horrible with all the other characters. I'm pretty sure most of them are casuals, but i expect about 3-4 to actually be good. I'll probably just see who the others are using and pick the character off that info.
Play Ness and spike everyone instead like I do to troll my non-competitive friend that play Smash 64 :ness64::ness64::ness64:hehe

Top Bottom