• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Tech Skill Thread

JRDusty

Smash Rookie
Fox is one of the most technical characters in the game, and it astounds me how many new tricks I find out about on a weekly basis. This thread is for anything tech skill related: advanced techniques, control variants, etc.

To start I'd like to know how most people execute shine OOS. I've tried binding L to jump (I use R usually) but it feels rather clunky. What is your preferred method?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Technically, the best method is to use C-stick buffering. You just press or hold up on the stick while you shield. I'm not too used to it, so I usually use x or y, but C-stick buffer is the most flawless way to do it (and takes care of figuring out shield stun, since you move at the first or second frame possible even if you hold it)

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
I use tap jump to Shine OOS. C-Stick buffering feels extremely awkward to me.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Using (L) to Shine, is extremely comfortable for me. But when doing Shine OoS, I hold down (R) sliding my finger from (Y) to (B) while pressing down as I reach (B) as quickly as possible. You might do spotdodges at times, but after you practice and become a bit more precise you'll start nailing the timing more often.

TimYo

Smash Rookie
how do you wave shine? ans double shine?
i cant find a good source for this. when i try to practice this my wavedashes are to short. am i missing something?

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
how do you wave shine? ans double shine?
i cant find a good source for this. when i try to practice this my wavedashes are to short. am i missing something?
If you know how to wavedash you just wavedash out of shine, Double Shines are 2 shines in a row I do it be down b tap jump down b must be fast tho.

Last edited:

Ghetto Blush

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I actually find multi-shining way easier in Melee than in PM, and I am by no means a Melee main so it's not the familiarity for the game.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Multiple posters told me the frame numbers are the same, maybe the input window is somehow separated so that you get bigger leniency windows (less than one frame obviously)

Top Bottom