• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox tips?

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
I'm brand new to Smash 64 and fairly new to the Smash community as a whole. I figured that I would indulge myself in the game when Smash 4 was released. I main Sheik in Smash 4, I've played a bit of PM and Brawl. I've played 64 in the past but not competitively, and I've settled with Fox as my main.
What are some good tips and tricks for this character? How can I improve myself?

Sedda

Smash Champion
read the thread fruity posted for techskill stuff. aside from that, read the fox discussion thread (the whole thing). youll find good information about specific matchups and strategies in there. aside from that, just play and try not to repeat mistakes over and over (AKA DONT GO ABOVE FALCON)

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
I'm brand new to Smash 64 and fairly new to the Smash community as a whole. I figured that I would indulge myself in the game when Smash 4 was released. I main Sheik in Smash 4, I've played a bit of PM and Brawl. I've played 64 in the past but not competitively, and I've settled with Fox as my main.
What are some good tips and tricks for this character? How can I improve myself?
Even though I am a Mario Main, Fox is a secondary character for me, I'd say you just have to keep playing with him, get used to his speed and memorize his attacks.

His specials are easy, the blaster is pretty basic, but two specials you have to get used to his down special (The reflector shield) and his up special (The fire fox). His reflector shield will be very useful against characters with projectile attacks such as Mario with his fireball, or Pikachu's electric shock. His fire fox, you can aim in any direction, make sure not to throw yourself off the stage on accident.

Other than that, the only advice I can give to you right now is, keep on practicing and master his techniques. If you have any other questions, or if someone else answers anything I didn't, ask me and I can help you look into it more. :)

Top Bottom