• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's fair

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hey guys, I'm trying to get my PM Fox up to the speed I was with Melee, but I'm having trouble with one particular move - his fair. I don't remember having any issues with it in Melee, but in PM I find myself avoiding it at all costs. If I try to use it, I either get punished hard after I land or suicide off stage. It's the main reason I'm afraid to use him in tournaments.

I have two question about fair:
1) What's the most effective use for it?
2) Is there any way to cancel it once he starts kicking?

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Use it during combos like you did in melee. That's what I do. The only cancels you can do, auto cancel, edge cancel, L cancel and I guess platform cancel. So yea, nothing special, just use it in combos like you would in melee.

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
Chillindude talks a bit about Fair on his YouTube video analysing the Mango and Lucky set.
I always considered it a bad move but seeing the way it's used in top-level melee was refreshing, definitely worth a watch.

-To answer your question it's used as a combo-extender like weak Bair/Nair. The animation itself can only be cancelled via L-cancelling and other methods mentioned by ^nameless^.

Mako The Artist

Smash Apprentice
I wish that they would make it like how it is in Smash 4. I can actually combo into without hesitation. Falcos is even worse because of his jump height.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
There are almost always better options than Fair. I think it should be a mixup tool or try to use it as a setup for Usmash.

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
There are almost always better options than Fair. I think it should be a mixup tool or try to use it as a setup for Usmash.

There are times when weak hit Nair/Bair won't lead to a combo but first-hit of Fair will- this tends to be at high %s.
DJ Nintendo is also a gd example of this, he's always landing Fair to Usmash when a normal player would've Naired to nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom