• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Count II: ZSS vs Shields 9/7/2015 UPDATE

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
This thread has been updated as of 9/7/2015
  • Z air has the appropriate landing lag (thanks @Shadó Chimera / シャドーキメラ)
  • Down Smash has been corrected to reflect its projectile property (thanks again @Shadó Chimera / シャドーキメラ)
  • Neutral air has been corrected to reflect a patch change to its hitlag modifier
  • Discussion surrounding these moves has been adjusted.
  • Paralyzer charts are hidden, as the information is not accurate enough.
  • This work has stressed the importance of investigating the existence of on-shield frame syncing.
This is also a call for assistance!

I do not know when the paralyzer bullet expires for minimum and maximum charge. The work by @KuroganeHammer shows first actionable frames, but I have come to realize that I do not have a frame value for the last paralyzer bullet hitbox. If someone can find that and post it here, that would help a lot. If I find it at some point, I will update this work accordingly.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Nairs hit lag was not changed unfortunately because it's an electric type move so it naturally has a 1.5 multiplier and electric moves hit lag were not changed.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Nairs hit lag was not changed unfortunately because it's an electric type move so it naturally has a 1.5 multiplier and electric moves hit lag were not changed.
Huuuum. Does that mean zss is not subject to the hitstun multiplier change that was recently uncovered? Technically, her nair multiplier is 1.0, so the resulting attacker hit lag won't be divided by 1.25, I think.

I'll Investigate this.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No need Tuen.
That change only applied to real modifiers, not attributes (like electric/fire/etc). That 1.5 multiplier would've remained.

It also would've at best given us 3 frames more advantage if I'm counting correctly, not 5.
[(DMG / 2.6) + 5]

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
So if Im reading this correctly, the 11 frames of shield lock are separate from frames in shield stun? I figured shieldstun frames and shield lock frames could overlap.

EDIT: I don't think anybody will get a notification for this, but I have one clarification question. Dr. Tuen Dr. Tuen said that out of shield options can be used during shieldlock frames. Does this mean that one can jump, spotdodge, roll, or grab during the 4-11 frames? I'm sorry if that's obvious, I just want to make sure I'm understanding it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom