• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ftilt-uses

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
These boards are pretty much dead atm, so let's talk about something random:

Ftilt is a great KO-move considering it only takes 10 frames for it to come out.
Deals about 13% damage.

Outside of killing with it, what are your thoughts on this move?
Shieldstun... Shield Push... Defense... Well, pretty much anything.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I Shield Stab surprisingly often with Ftilt.
Like 5 times easier than with Jab & Dtilt.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
The animation is really funny and cool.
Frame 10? That isn't bad at all. That isn't such a bad Oos thing at all then. Same speed as DK's down smash.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The only problem with F-tilt is that its range is deceptively bad, since Ganondorf's body is leaning backwards as he balances on one leg.

You can occasionally anti-air jumps on anticipation with it. Learning the time and positioning for punishing out of shield with it is very valuable (although D-tilt is usually better due to its range).

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
Spartakick someone of the ledge is the meaning of life.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The animation is really funny and cool.
Frame 10? That isn't bad at all. That isn't such a bad Oos thing at all then. Same speed as DK's down smash.
F-tilt takes only 2 frames more than jab to come out? lol.
Yes, frame 10.
Where have you guys been sleepin', haha?

Well, it isn't a *great* OoS Option, but it works good as an OoS when you take a semi-laggy attack on your sheild.
Also, if you aren't already using is as an OoS Punisher Vs ppl's Climb-up Attacks, start doing it.

A2, do you know anything about those mysterious Shield Stabs I mentioned?
Mind sharing a little info on Shield Stabbing in general?
I realized I don't know that much about Shield Stabbing in-depth.
I just know that it hits exposed Body parts.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I dunno, do you have any videos of specific situations where you shield stab with F-tilt? I don't see anything special about it. I'm pretty sure the rule about shieldstabbing is simply making sure there isn't a single hitbox touching shield when you aim at a character's hurtbox. It's by far easiest to do with lingering aerials (especially multihitters) or low hitting attacks.

Sometimes I feel people may randomly panic and drop shield against F-tilts in the right situation. idk honestly though.

Exalted

Smash Lord
People usually drop their shields if you wait just a sec before attacking thinking that you'll attack them ASAP.

Mindgames >:D

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Then, maybe it's because of Ftilt's poor range (compaired to Jab/Dtilt).
The opponent overestimating Ganon's range is what Shield Stabs them, hah.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
F-tilt is fun to use during the IASA frames of U-Smash, especially if they shield the smash and try to approach to punish the "lag".

Top Bottom