• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fun game/challenge on for glory

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I like to play as Rosalina, and I like playing on for glory, but sometimes you get people who just refuse to fight her because of luma, or they have a really hard time fighting the two of them. So I started doing this game/challenge/whatever you wanna call it. Here are the rules:

1. Shoot luma somewhere. You don't want to kill it, but just have it loaf around on the stage the whole time away from the fight and don't pay any attention to it, don't attack with it. Your opponent can go after it if they want, but you should pretend not to care, and fight solo the whole time. The goal is to condition them to forget about luma entirely.

2. At the very end of the match, after they've forgotten about luma, kill them with it.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Jterr

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule ,Skyloft, Akaneia, Tellius, Ylisse, Magvel
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
4167-4991-9631
Playing Rosalina without Luma definitely makes it harder for you and easier for your opponent.
There are a lot of For Glory challenges, such as
Play Aerial Little Mac
Solo-mar (Olimar no Pikmin)
Win a For Glory match with every character
Shieldbreak every match
Ganon-cide every match
etc.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually intentionally do this not just for laughs, but as a strategy.

Contrary to popular belief, Rosalina can still hold her own against various characters without Luma. As such, I sometimes intentionally make Luma wander off stage for a bit or just away from the fight, in order to preserve him, for when I really need him. In some cases, this also results in me getting early KOs by knocking someone towards Luma with Rosalina and then knocking them even further with Luma. Yes, I even do this against fast characters like Sheik. I'm fairly good at keeping up with them with Rosalina.

And in general, there are a ton of things you can do with a de-tethered Luma. If you just play with a tethered Luma the whole time, you aren't even scratching the surface of what Rosalina & Luma can do.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Playing Rosalina without Luma the whole match isn't a very easy approach. As a matter of fact, I still don't know how to play as her with Luma de-tethered. I tried doing that once with little success, unfortunately.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Playing Rosalina without Luma the whole match isn't a very easy approach. As a matter of fact, I still don't know how to play as her with Luma de-tethered. I tried doing that once with little success, unfortunately.
D-Smash comes in handy. It kinda makes up for her limited tilts and keeps people off of her.

N-air's pretty good at harrassing players off the stage

Zalezus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zal3zus
I would start here dude. Luma as a crutch is almost as bad as a dead Luma. People have already caught on that the little guy is dangerous. Most players I face go right for him and expect me to freak.

Jab 1 > 2 or tilts says "nope", Dsmash says "don't roll", and SH FF Fair > Dsmash is just my own favorite mixed up way to say "screw you".

Honestly she's one of the most complex characters because of the possibilities with and without Luma. If you don't know what your options are then good, your opponent doesn't either. Now learn them and capitalize :)

Top Bottom