• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Gamecube Controller for Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
M2K just posted this a couple weeks back, Blackbeard.

It's just a couple topics below this one.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
ZEHAHAHAHAHA! A mod should close this one then. Glad to see that the board is interested. I'm guessing that this is legit and that if we get another 1300, it'll actually happen.... I hope.
There's already an attachment you can buy for the Wii U that allows you to connect an existing gamecube controller.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
In short, it's simply not happening for two reasons:

1. Nintendo doesn't want to bring back anything Gamecube. They already stopped being backwards compatible with GC games back on the Wii in later versions. The only way we'll get GC stuff is from Virtual Console...if Nintendo ever pulls it together and decides to make use of it.

2. Nintendo doesn't want wired controllers. If SM3DW can handle wireless controllers, there's no reason they need to make an exception for Smash 4. And well, tournaments are a non factor.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
If nintendo were smart they would have continued with GCC esque controllers for the home consoles that followed the cube, but they are not. So the smash fans are just gonna have to grin and bear it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
M2K requested his original topic to be locked and so I will be locking this one. Plus, the other topic caused flame wars and arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom