• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God bless You bowser mains

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Being a low tier hero my self with ics, I just want a say I believe in You guys.

But i have a bad history of getting really drunk and trying main bowser, get others to, or to believe he is legit on ys.

But idk what bowser is all about other than the basic oos ledge game. Yeah side-b stuff is cool but?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Lmao @ ICs low tier hero
I just like playing Bowser. It's as simple as that. He's the character that I feel matches my playstyle the best, and that I love playing as the most. And really, thats why you should main a character, not just because they're good.

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
From the perspective of a lesser used character main myself, it is really nice to see legit Bowser mains for the fun of the game. I have played as him before, and he is a fun character. He doesn't match me completely, but he's fun to use. I wish for the best for you all. Maybe if I find one of you, I could challenge you to Bowser dittos.

Last edited:

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Thanks I've been telling people for years that pichu is better than that. Thanks for Your selective reading

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
Thanks I've been telling people for years that pichu is better than that. Thanks for Your selective reading
In your first comment you give absolutely NO directness you mained Pichu. You just said as an Ice Climbers main. What can you not grasp? Just telling you what most people think when they click on the thread (with the title the thread has) and then reads your first post. Derp.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
You misunderstood the word with and assuming people are stupid is pretty bold way to talk to them

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
You misunderstood the word with and assuming people are stupid is pretty bold way to talk to them
Nope I didn't and you're obviously in denial of your errors. I don't talk to people that can't accept their mistakes and whine because of it.

You have been muted literally, nothing else you say is valid because it's simply "I can't accept that what I said sounded ignorant so I'm gonna continue saying I meant to sound like I said something else and everyone else is wrong".

Later and good luck with overcoming denial.

Done here.

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
He didn't mention that he mained Pichu in his first post, but he sure did say so in his second post.

Which was made before your first post in this thread.

Sooooo...

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
That was funny, still don't know how that wasn't selective spiteful reading but things are funny like that.

Like small error turns people to stiring up stuff that stirs up more cause I made a huge mistake as a person?

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
I think that there's a real misconception in regards to low-tiers in the community. Just because a character isn't necessarily tournament viable doesn't mean you should never play/learn the character. Even if you're into the hyper competitive tournament scene the opportunity cost of picking up and practicing a low-tier for an hour or so every few days and then sand-bagging in friendlies isn't excessively high. I love to practice and play Pichu in friendlies just for the fun of it.

All of that said, the secondary benefit of learning/playing other characters you don't intend to main is that you discover a lot about their options and potential. Having a firm grasp of what a character can do and knowing their matchups versus whatever you main is can make the struggle a lot easier.

Playing low tiers isn't a bad decision, sometimes it can be a fun one.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
I agree with You but as a long time pichu player I am worse for having mained him when I switched to ice climbers everyone I played as in friendlies got a little better even my Pichu to some degrees in passive pressure.

But having less options to work with can really stunt the growth and creativity of low tier players and often would be better if they picked someone with more usable options because I if bowser gets grabbed he can basically put down the controller at times and forfeit the stock and is in general placed in more spots where he really can't play the game.

Where fox can shine out of tech in place and have many recovery options to still "stay" in the gameplay

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Lysergic, you drunk, go home.

But yea, I used to play Bowser from time to time because I felt comfortable with him. I never expected to pwn so hard with him a few years later lol. As soon as I learned that Bowser was low-tier, I ditched Pikachu and grabbed this old friend, and I got better than ever. Well, it's great because I can play two characters that are the complete opposite, great for playing against people and cover most weaknesses.

But yea, Bowser for the win. Sadly he isn't as good in the newest smash, he get rekt by everything.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
ICG? I count grapes?

The thing that upsets me most about bowser, is vs other low/bottoms tiers he isn't really good either. He does well vs Pichu, ness and ??? Anyone with decent pokes or a dd grab tears through him so hard it's unreal. I wish You could pull out a pocket bowser in low tiers vs _________ but unless it's ness/pichu/watch on ys, You can't really do it.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
ICG? I count grapes?

The thing that upsets me most about bowser, is vs other low/bottoms tiers he isn't really good either. He does well vs Pichu, ness and ??? Anyone with decent pokes or a dd grab tears through him so hard it's unreal. I wish You could pull out a pocket bowser in low tiers vs _________ but unless it's ness/pichu/watch on ys, You can't really do it.
You can keel Jigglypuff with an up-air at 50% on most stages.

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
If bowser had a better a ledge to stage game he'd be acceptable vs puff. But she forces him into a corner to hard.

I do think bowser's should know their up throw auto combos better like no di can combo yl and ffers I know on hand, but I think it's the best option with a mid stage grab

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Actually now that I think about it, Ness kinda bodies Bowser too. One of my best buds plays Ness (very seriously, not just a silly secondary) and I guarantee it is not a good MU.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Actually now that I think about it, Ness kinda bodies Bowser too. One of my best buds plays Ness (very seriously, not just a silly secondary) and I guarantee it is not a good MU.
Yep, you can hardly even move. I guess the only "good" match up for Bowser is Jigglypuff, all the other characters rekt him.

Dammit Sakurai, y u give Boozer such a bad priority on his moves. -_- Falco's dair pierces through my up air.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Yep, you can hardly even move. I guess the only "good" match up for Bowser is Jigglypuff, all the other characters rekt him.

Dammit Sakurai, y u give Boozer such a bad priority on his moves. -_- Falco's dair pierces through my up air.
Jiggs is an awful MU too if the Jiggs is good. All they have to do is properly outspace you and you can't do anything about it. On the plus side, you do kill absurdly early.

Top Bottom