• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guaranteed no impact landing on DL 64

Kati

Smash Lord
I've been keeping up with P:M since 1.0, but I don't recall ever reading something that explains this. In PM, and curiously not melee, performing a midair jump at the apex of CF's short hop will guarantee a lagless landing on the top platform on dreamland.

(obviously start the short hop on the ground and not a platform).

Does Falcon have a higher jump..? different stage collision coordinates..? In melee he barely clips through the top platform.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
im almost certain it has something to do with landing detection. its the same reason why CF and ganon used to be able to hit so low under platforms with their dairs in melee, but not quite as much in PM. someone can clarify if thats not quite it, but thats my explanation for it.

Kati

Smash Lord
They certainly are bigger in brawl, but I thought that either stages like dreamland would be sized appropriate to the new bigger characters or the characters would be shrunken.

Thanks for the input though. I hadn't considered this.

I only just started playing melee again so I haven't had time to noticed better platform dairs either.

Top Bottom