• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guaranteed punish on Fox with Dsmash

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen anyone do this before, and I tried to do it on some friendlies and started working, then tested with a friend and I can say its almost a free punish, or maybe just the best option for this situation.

I wanted to share it cause there isn't too much use to Dsmash.

It's actually a very specific situation.
Fox must be over 100% and on the ledge.
Most good foxes will atempt to go for invencible ledgedash. But since its hard, many will fluke, and there's the chance.
When fox starts doing the getup animation from the ledge there are 3 options:
-Slow get up attack (the kick that can clank with Fsmash =( )
-Slow Get up on the ledge
-Slow Roll into the ledge

If you see fox in the ledge starting the animation of the 3 options (wich is the same for the 3), you have to move really close to the ledge, the spacing is not that hard to get the good hitboxes.

If he stands right infront of you, or use the getup attack, the closer hitbox of Dsmash will hit, sending him far away, and (I think) it can't clank. Hits harder than tippered Dtilt, so imo its a better option, setting for an easier edgeguard.

If he rolls, he gets tippered and will probably die (with the damage and knockback of Tippered Dsmash over 100%).

I would love if someone like Kadano could make some frame / AR stuff of this to be 100% sure, but you can try it on friendlies and see for yourselves ;)

PS: Also, I'm not sure if this works on falco too.

Last edited:

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
Heey nick, nobody liked my post =(

only hunybear

@Kadano I summon you onegai

Last edited:
Top Bottom