• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guaranteed rest setup after grab release (needs labbing, looks promising)

diplikeenenra

Smash Rookie
This needs labbing, but I think I may have found something really cool. Firstly, this will only work if your opponent holds shield after a grab release. While that may seem not that good, shielding after a grab release is by far the safest option for your opponent, as the grab timer in smash 4 prevents them from getting grabbed again, making shield their best option.

On your first actionable frame, you want to do one of three things (not sure which is the best, only messed around with it for 10 minutes or so). 1.) Dash forward pound, hold forward move forward for like two frames and rest. 2.) Short hop pound, drift in rest. 3.) Full hop pound, drift in rest.

I tested this having my brother try different escape options between the pound and the rest, and some times it was definitely guaranteed. The things that seemed to help was getting the pound really deep into their shield for option 3, which seemed the most consistent. The other two he could escape out of more often. but depending on the other character's hurtbox, option 1 and 2 could be guaranteed.

Like I said, this needs more labbing which I'll be doing tomorrow, but I thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else wanted to lab it in the meantime. Obviously this could be huge for the character

Top Bottom