• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hard Match ups

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Okay, this thread is just to compare my problems with that of the Yoshi community. I play many, MANY online battles using only Yoshi, PRiDE on mlg ladder, and I am starting to become more afraid of the character that I face than the actuall player that I face... What I mean is, when I play a high ranked Marth, I am not nearly as afraid as I am when I face a mid ranked Pikachu... I am just curious as to who or what characters Yoshi has a natural difficulty playing against or is it just my playing skills that is making the match hard.

Characters I am nervous about playing against are: (in order of most difficult)

1. Pikachu
2. Wolf
3. Falco
4. Ike (with lag)
5. Lucario

Characters I am more confident playing against are: (in order of easiest)

1. Olimar
2. Fox
3. Snake
4. Pit
5. Metaknight
6. Marth
7. Game and Watch

Those are the characters I play most against online. Does anyone else feel a natural difficulty or easyness to the same characters?

Gindler

Smash Champion
Basically Pikachu is the WORST. You can't short hop over those stupid thunder shocks, normal thunder is easily spammed taking out the downB suprised, but besides that yoshi is a pretty easy win if you use him right.

easiest is definetly olimar, egg roll kills pikmin, bair kills pickmin, dair kills pikmin all without taking damage, and anyone else that fights close range i find to be an easy victory for me (yoshi excels at close range short hopping fighting)

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Meta Knight that spams the Tornado is definitely a challenge for Yoshi.

G&W is defeatable but his hit and run tactics are still a challenge, and his Key (Dair) has sick priority.

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight that spams the Tornado is definitely a challenge for Yoshi.

G&W is defeatable but his hit and run tactics are still a challenge, and his Key (Dair) has sick priority.

if MK spams b, just make him think you're jumping in on him, pull back, tornado cools down, have your way with him. that's what i would try. maybe some egg throws.

g&w is tricky as hell.

Sharky

Smash Master
biggest counterpick against yoshi I've seen so far has gotta be R.O.B. Dunno what it is, exactly, but **** that's a tough fight.

Yoshi_FTW

Smash Rookie
YES R.O.B is a ***** to fight for some unknown reason his up smash in the air is a killer it racks up so much damage

bigman40

Smash Master
Ike not hard as long as you are careful in how you approach.
I found ROB to be one of the hardest.
Pikachu would be tough cause of how the electricity tends to out-prioritize most of Yoshi's atks.
I agree with wolf and falco, but Idk, I still find marths hard since I haven't played against many of them.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
ugh... i just lost to a good fox.. >_> it wasn't yoshis fault.. it wasnt yoshi's fault... i kept falling for his up smash!

nub?

Smash Rookie
ya i've played a good fox before and for me at least they key to beating a fox is to play defensively and bait him out so while he has to recover from the lag from his moves punish him.

metaknights that spam b and side b give me problems too :( its really annoying!

and my brother actually mains a really mean ROB. I've finally realized that the key to pwning a ROB is to be as unpredictable as you can and use mindgames. For example, once you get a ROB in the air above yoshi, jump as if you're to uair, but instead just fast fall down. This will lead into the ROB attempting to counter it with a dair or any other aerial attack, which baits him and leaves him open for yoshi to punish ROB because ROB's aerials have a pretty long cool down time

Top Bottom