• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having some issues with tethering UpB!

breez

Smash Ace
Yo nerds wasup. Ive been killing myself on occasion in a few strange ways with zero suits recovery.

On yoshis with the stupid cloud. If he is above or near me, the UpB will not tether the ledge. I usually try to get around this with wall jumping before recovery, but sometimes that little ******* pops out the instant you UpB. I presume that the mechanic is due to the UpB chosing targets or enemys over snapping the ledge.

On maps like pokemon stadium 2 and castle seige, sometimes it is just nerfed completely. I suspect that because of the little ledge, sometimes the UpB is not able to target the ledge correctly.

Sometimes while facing backwards in relation to the ledge the move is similarly nerfed. Any ideas on how to circumvent this? Im not sure if the castle seige or yoshis island issues are something that needs to be fixed, or something that we need to be constantly aware of.

:phone:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
yeah its because you cannot tether "behind you." like on FD, if you are under the lip, and try to tether the edge, it is technically behind your character and above, so you will not grab it. the ledge has to be above or in front of you. if you happen to be facing away from the ledge while trying to recover, just tap up b and slightly to the diagonally towards the stage. this way, you will do a reverse up b, and it will reverse the direction that you are facing, and point you correctly towards the stage so that you can tether the ledge properly. As far as the cloud on YI goes, double check to make sure that you are not right against the wall when you tether. the ledge sticks out a little bit from the stage (there is a slight lip as you might notice, and people like sheik can often get get stuck under it trying to recovery), so if you are right against the wall, the ledge is actually slightly behind you, and you will not tether it properly. If you have tested this out though, and have determined that your positioning is not the issue and it rlly is the cloud blocking you, then check through the bug reporting section to see if anyone has mentioned this before. if not, then feel free to post something about it there.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Randall does sometimes interfere with the tether latching, as if the game thinks there's a wall between you and the ledge. I'm not really sure if anything can be done about it.

Jandlebars

Still fallin'!
Wonder if the PMBR will consider changing her tether to be a tad more forgiving in this regard. I know other characters have issue with recover (notably Toon Link who, admittedly, can recover well if you excel at AGTs), but it's still a pain to get used to. .___.

Not sure if other tether characters suffer from this as well. I use Ivysaur on a fairly frequent basis but I don't think I've run into the same problem with her.

Top Bottom