• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble with Marth's sword dance spam.

Jammno

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, new comer here to Brawl, (and Smash in general.) and would like some help against Marth players.

I've been having this problem against Marths sword dance spams. I can't think of any way to counter act it as Pit.

You can't shield grab it, it outranges Pit's grab.

You can't block and punish, cause he can just do it again before you can get anything off.

Anyone have any ideas? (Besides power shielding it. Cause that's all that's worked so far.)

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I dont own Brawl, but I have a feeling that you should use your glide here. Fly up and away, then start a glide as if you are charging aim for Marth directly. Now you have two choices:
Do the glide attack, the glide is faster than Pit's running speed and therefore hard to react to.
As the alternate choice, you can glide up again as an evasion trick. Landing right above Marth is a bad idea, aim behind Marth and hope for the best.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
DI AWAY! seriously, sometimes u may have the urge to DI towards him to get in a hit. But if you DI away you can get out of it in usually 2 hits. Then roll to his other side and punish him.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Roll back and Arrow spam...after that you have to worry about the Fair but we will cross that bridge when we come to it!

-Ciao

Top Bottom