• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Finding/modifying Shield Origin

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I want to find these so I can make power shield with certain characters easier such as DK, or Bowser. currently we only know how to make shield size bigger, but that really doesn't help too much. an example would be pika. his tail doesn't get covered by his shield but if we make his shield big enough to cover his tail it becomes impossible to poke him from the front because he's got a huge shield.

the only thing I've figured out so far is that you can actually view where the origin is by going into debug mode and holding R and hitting left on the D-pad until a little white circle appears on each character

Toomai

Smash Ace
If it's anything like Brawl, shields are attached to a bone that is animated into place during shielding animations. If that's the case you're out of luck until animations are decoded - unless one of the mystery character attributes is the index of this bone, which would allow you to change the attachment point (but this would be restricted to where existing bones are during shielding animations and would probably ruin shield shifting).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what are the mystery character attributes? do we have a list of them?

I'd still like to look into this.

from what I know about bone invincibility, the pelvis is bone #16 (10 in hex). I'm not sure about others but the same bone appears to be used for every character

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
What's "bubble ratio"?

Also, why not attribute 9c? All of them are 16. Same as the pelvis bone

:phone:

Toomai

Smash Ace
I find it rather unlikely that shields are attached to this pelvis bone as they don't move with it 1:1 when you shield-shift. In addition, it's not true that bone 16 is pelvis for all characters, because for DK it's right upper leg, for Bowser it's right lower leg, and for Pichu it's head.

Also bubble ratio is how much characters are shrunk when in the offscreen magnifier.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Well that sucks.

Is there anyone actively working to decode animations?

:phone:

Top Bottom