• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help for Ryu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi everyone,

So I was pretty excited for the direct that happened yesterday. So I decided to pick the DLC characters so that I can try them out (only :4feroy: and :4ryu:. Don't have enough for :4lucas:dammit.) Anyway, so I started with Ryu, and so far, he's so fun and so satisfying to play with when you master at least his command imputs. But I have a problem. How am I supposed to play :4ryu: in a neutral game position? Am I supposed to play rushdown? Defensive? Or a bait-and-punish game? I would really appreciate your help, because I'm already in love with this character and I want to be good with him, along with :4feroy: (so much better than how he was in Melee).

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
I think it's a bit early to be sure, but he seems very balanced. Just choose a tactic that counters what your opponent is doing. One useful trick is using focus attack to block an opponent's projectile in the air, then dash canceling it to assist your approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom