• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me I can't play SSBB online.

Guimadrid

Smash Rookie
Hello guys. I'm from Brazil. Last week I bought a SSBB, and it works everything except the online mode. When I go to play online, I can connect to the Nintendo WFC, and I choose to play with anyone, the problem is that the screen is forever in "seeking".Another strange thing is that I can enter in Spespectator mode to watch the online fights. My Wii console is conected with a wifi conection, and I can play every game online that I have ( like mario kart) except the best game ever, Super Smash Bros Brawl. If someone can help me I would be grateful. Thanks. :)

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
try getting some folks actual friend codes to face em.

basic brawl/with anyone mode is more or less crap nowadays anyhow.

part of the reason yo u probably aren't getting anyone is because its trying to match you up with someone close to your area (i'm assuming, correct me if i'm wrong anyone, but doesnt' basic brawl only work in your region, I.E. if you're from america you'll get american players, if you're from japan you'll get other japanese players.) since the chances of anyone in Brazil still playing brawl are very very very very VERY slim(no offfense dude..) the chances of you finding anyone to play in with anyone mode is slim.

however, don't worry, as there are more than enough people both here, and at other websites willing to face you in friendcode matches. Most of them however won't touch basic brawl either cuz its turned to such crap now.

the only drawback is you're going to have to find folks to play you who are closer to brazil/south america, as facing folks from other countries like the USA, Austraila, Etc, is going to result in HUUUGE lag most of the time, maybe not all the time, but the majority of the time facing someone who isn't as close to where you live, is gonna result in major lag issues.

Guimadrid

Smash Rookie
try getting some folks actual friend codes to face em.

basic brawl/with anyone mode is more or less crap nowadays anyhow.

part of the reason yo u probably aren't getting anyone is because its trying to match you up with someone close to your area (i'm assuming, correct me if i'm wrong anyone, but doesnt' basic brawl only work in your region, I.E. if you're from america you'll get american players, if you're from japan you'll get other japanese players.) since the chances of anyone in Brazil still playing brawl are very very very very VERY slim(no offfense dude..) the chances of you finding anyone to play in with anyone mode is slim.

however, don't worry, as there are more than enough people both here, and at other websites willing to face you in friendcode matches. Most of them however won't touch basic brawl either cuz its turned to such crap now.

the only drawback is you're going to have to find folks to play you who are closer to brazil/south america, as facing folks from other countries like the USA, Austraila, Etc, is going to result in HUUUGE lag most of the time, maybe not all the time, but the majority of the time facing someone who isn't as close to where you live, is gonna result in major lag issues.
I don't know. Because in my Wii Settings, I set up like I was in the United States and I can't play Basic Brawl. Anyway thanks.

Gorro

Smash Rookie
I'm from Brazil too and I have exactly the same problem. I've played in "with anyone" mode a long time ago but it doesn't seem to work anymore.
I think it tries to match you against people with ping similar to yours, so it doesn't matter what you have set in the settings.

If you still want to try playing random people on that mode, try playing at night or in the morning during weekends (in Brazil). That way you can be matched against some people from other countries.

Sorry for ress'ing but I thought that would be interesting to add.

Top Bottom