• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me not get wrecked by Ganon

Jesus+1

Strawhat Pirate
3DS FC
0705-3756-2752
First off, I didn't know where else to post this because I can't manage to beat Ganon with any of my mains in most cases.

I enjoy Falco a lot, but can't seem to figure out the matchup, and the past 2 days I've played against 4 different people that mained Ganon, and had trouble each time.

With Falco, I usually approach with lasers to start a combo, but when he sheilds them I pretty much get chain grabbed and Wizard's Foot'd off the edge.

I'm just hoping for a few tips to deal with Ganon better, and also, considering there is a good Ganon main at a tournament I'm going to in February

I usually play Falco, Marth, Mario, ZSS or Lucas, so any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
All of this considering that you play Falco: Ganon lacks a good approach tool. Use this to your advantage. You have lasers, he does not. Kite the crud out of him. Ganon can't chain grab some one from the other side of the map. If he is chain grabbing you with his flame choke that means that you are being a little to predictable with your get up. Mix it up a bit. Also try baiting a warlock kick or flame choke out of him and punish him for it. Also, always remember that your shield does not protect you from Ganon. ALWAYS remember that. In the words of some pro smash player that I do not remember the name of, "Don't get hit." Other people with more experience with me should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Jesus+1

Strawhat Pirate
3DS FC
0705-3756-2752
All of this considering that you play Falco: Ganon lacks a good approach tool. Use this to your advantage. You have lasers, he does not. Kite the crud out of him. Ganon can't chain grab some one from the other side of the map. If he is chain grabbing you with his flame choke that means that you are being a little to predictable with your get up. Mix it up a bit. Also try baiting a warlock kick or flame choke out of him and punish him for it. Also, always remember that your shield does not protect you from Ganon. ALWAYS remember that. In the words of some pro smash player that I do not remember the name of, "Don't get hit." Other people with more experience with me should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks man, a lot of that does help and I'll try to stay more out of his range. and the person that said "Don't get hit." was Isai :p

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You should probably ask the Falco boards, as they are more prone to give you gameplay tips.

Although if you get your lasers shieldgrabbed there's something horribly wrong with your spacing.
I'd recommend you go watch some videos of Falco players and see what they are using (probablyh shine and Dair)

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
I'd recommend you go watch some videos of Falco players and see what they are using (probablyh shine and Dair)
I LOVE the pillar. Another thing to add to what I said up there: make Ganon come to you. Force his approach with your lasers. Don't just constantly run away from him, though. That's a little unsportsman-like. When he >tries< to approach you, combo/pillar the crud out him. It's also good to practice short hopping d-airs. I use this all of the time with Falco. You might also be able to bait a flame choke out of him by shielding, then, when he goes for the flame choke, short hop and d-air/n-air him. Ganon mains LOVE the flame choke.

Pillar = shine>jump>dair>drop>repeat

You can also use u-tilt in place of the shine.
My apologies if you already know most of this stuff.

Last edited:

Jesus+1

Strawhat Pirate
3DS FC
0705-3756-2752
Yeah my main technique with Falco is shield pressure -> up tilt -> dair
my brother has been practicing this matchup with me some, and your tips have helped

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Don't just constantly run away from him, though.
everything else was pretty good, but unless you and the guy who plays ganon are fine being pretty casual, just ignore that and make him deal with it.

somewhere, someone is going to do this and he can be ready for it. if he figures out how to deal with it, you'll know how people deal with it, so you can then go yomi3 on them.

Top Bottom