• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Diddy?

PichuFreak

Smash Rookie
I seem to lose whenever I play someone's Diddy in the competitive scene. Diddy's neutral game is far superior to wolf's and his hitboxes are too good. Any tips for countering this character?

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I've been playing against a Diddy recently, so far I've figured out that shines and F-smashes are your friend. The amount of range F-smash gives you allows you to play at a nice range from Diddy, it also allows you to punish a lot of his moves. Shine sort of speaks for itself, it comes out extremely fast - it's especially useful OOS. Diddy has a lot of cross up attacks when you shield, so it's the best way to punish it I've found.

Another thing you need to consider is how to edge-guard Diddy. He has an incredibley good recovery, but it's not impossible to counter. What I usually do is hold onto the ledge, then drop off and B-air -- depending on the situation of course -- sometimes I prefer just to D-air. If he's trying to sweet spot the ledge with Up-B, then just make sure to grab the ledge and press A at the right time. Just note however that Diddy can mix you up with his Side-B recovery and Up-B recovery, however if he's far enough out he's almost 100% going to Up-B. Side-B can actually grab you and throw you down, so watch our for that; Wolf's fast fall speed won't help you in that predicament.

I'm still studying this matchup, so I'm totally up for debate. I need to find out how to grab his bananas successfully, I'm pretty sure that's an important part of winning this matchup.

Top Bottom